Excercise after diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aviatrr

Contributor
Reaction score
I have seen a couple references that state that a person should wait approximately 6 hours after diving before strenuous excercise, but only for no-decompression diving......well, what about deco diving?

I'm not talking about any serious, long term decompression dives......but perhaps dives with less than an hour of deco time, and more often only 20-30 minutes.. How long should a person wait afterwards before doing strenuous excercise(running and weight lifting)? Thanks.

Mike

what's the point?

I get enough of a workout carrying 150 pounds of gear
from the cellar to the car, from the car to the boat, from the
boat to the bottom, from the bottom back to the boat and
up the ladder into the boat, from the boat to the car, car
to the cellar.

i say to H*** with additional exercise. :)

I'll do my *regular* cardio/weight work out again the NEXT DAY !!!

Dear Aviatrr:

The waiting period is something without firm research data. I would venture that the standard answer is to wait until the next day.

The six-hour concept is based on clearing the sixty-minute compartment, that is, six half times. This is generally the limiter in no-D diving.

I would say that whatever is the limiting compartment for your decompression, take six half times for a non-stressful off gassing. It might end up that the next day would be the practical result unless the dive was very early in the morning.

Dr Deco
:doctor:

Originally posted by Dr Deco
The six-hour concept is based on clearing the sixty-minute compartment, that is, six half times. This is generally the limiter in no-D diving.

What about spending 1/2 hour of your two hour SIT jogging down the shoreline on the rocks chasing after your dive flag that broke free? Does that count as exercise? :)
:bonk: (damn tides)

Dear Jeff:

I would definitely not recommend jogging within a few hours following a SCUBA dive. Whether chasing a flag or simply for exercise, this type of activity forms tissue micronuclei.

Dr Deco
:doctor:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom