Excursion and AIRII

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snowmaker

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I posted this on another board and a Oceanic rep said he would get right back to me this was on 9/21. Hope to have better luck here.

I just bought a Oceanic Excursion and went to connect my AIRII but the diameter of the hose is smaller on the Excursion then my old IDI BC. The AIRII will not go up onto the hose. I don't want to force it on and am not sure it will work anyway. Is there a different hose I can use. I tried the one from my old BC but it will not screw into the wing without leaking. The connection is different.

I understand Oceanic uses a 3/4" hose and most others use a 1" hose thus the problem. I understand Oceanic made a inflator adapter hose made for this purpose. How can I get one of these hoses. I leave on 10/20 for a live aboard trip and would really like to have it by then.

Thanks

the Oceanic adapter hose is for the Air XS, not a Scubapro air 2.

Getting an Air 2 in a pita and to be honest always a make shift fix.

I was told by one of there reps that they make a hose that hose a 3/4" end on the BC side and a 1" end on the inflator side for this reason.

I was told by one of there reps that they make a hose that hose a 3/4" end on the BC side and a 1" end on the inflator side for this reason.

They must have just started that, I used to be a Oceanic rep. and I never came across one like that.

An obscure little adapter hose we have manufactured for 10 plus years. Cerich probably never heard of it since we sell so few over a years time. Could have sworn I posted this information last week but it may have been on different board same question. Anyhow, the hose is in stock and can be ordered by your local Oceanic retailer part # 84946.3 AIR II Adapter. Will work like a champ.
Hope this helps,
Darryl

WOW, I have even asked in the past, should have asked you Darryl, you most likely also know what shelf they are hidden on out there!

Years ago previous to our having an AIR XS unit even available we produced this hose to fill a request from a multitude of retailers. After our AIR XS came out obviously they adapter hose was not as critical and kinda cruised into the background. Obscure, old product is the word.

Darryl

Back
Top Bottom