Exotic/oddball/unusual dive spots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unless you are a cave diver, don't bother with Vortex. There really isn't much to see and it's full of overhead environments. Crystal clear most of the time, but nothing there.

I second HI 389 platform dive if you're out at the Flower Gardens. And I think the dives there are "exotic", especially Stetson, a pinnacle 70 miles offshore with great rock formations.

And on the other end of the spectrum, there's a neat little beach dive at Woods Hole, Mass., with some pretty good marine life and fish. What's weird is it's name--"Garbage Beach". Now *there's* an exotic name, but it's a nice little dive in a really interesting town. You feed a parking meter outside WHOI and have a nice morning.

This is the #1 dive I want to do before I die. I've been drooling over pictures of it for years

The Wikipedia page for the jellyfish lake states that scuba diving isn't allowed there. Is that erroneous information? We all know that *everything* on Wikipedia is *always* accurate....lolol.

Kristopher

I can assure you that being in water cooled by a nuke is not bad. We live by a cooling pond for a nuke plant. We have swan, boat, water ski, knee board and wakeboarding on it. No real problems, as long as you can get past my third eye:rofl3:

And the pond provides a lovely green glow when you hang out there at night? :D

Kristopher

Photo credit error duly noted and corrected. My compliments to the photographer, hammerhead!

And the pond provides a lovely green glow when you hang out there at night? :D

Kristopher

And here I thought that the glow I give off is just my natural radiance shining through :eyebrow:

Aren't those squids dangerous?
Yes; from what I have read, divers have used chain-mail shark suits, body armor, shark cages, plexiglass cages, and tethers to avoid being dragged into the depths.

The Wikipedia page for the jellyfish lake states that scuba diving isn't allowed there. Is that erroneous information? We all know that *everything* on Wikipedia is *always* accurate....lolol.

Kristopher

I'm not sure anymore. I saw they went there on an episode of Globe Trekker once and she couldn't even wear fins due to possibly damaging them but on the other hand I've heard that you can dive there.

Back
Top Bottom