Experienced but rusty diver wants to celebrate underwater in January

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi,

even though I managed almost 200 dives in nine years with the equivalent of almost two weeks real time underwater, a PADI Instructor card prepared through 9 months of hard work, I haven't been underwater since November 2009.

As I'm turning 50 in January and with some luck will be given the health go ahead within the next couple of months, I'd love to go back to Thailand which is close to my heart for many reasons.

I have every intention of doing some refresh work both on skills and fitness during the next few months.

I loved the Krabi region but haven't been there since before the tsunami.

Please don't say Phuket or Pattaya, and please make it simple, with some direct flight from Bangkok it would be top.

No, no cruise either please.

A reputable diving centre name would be appreciated!

Many thanks,

Chiara

You could do day trips out of Koh Lanta to islands that I think offer the best current diving in Thailand. There's no direct flight, but you can get there in half a day or so. It's a long way out to most of the dive sites, though. Personally, I hate day-trip diving and much prefer liveaboard cruises. In the past few years I've had some wonderful South Andaman liveaboard experiences. If scheduled right, you can get plenty of diving in both before and after the day trippers dominate the popular sites.

In Krabi go and see Dan Sasse at Poseidon dive centre - Scuba diving Ao Nang | Experience the fascination scuba diving - great guy, own boats, let him know its been a while since you have been underwater and he will make sure you have a good and safe time. Ao Nang has changed little compared to other areas since the tsunami and the area is still beautiful. Direct flight from BKK to Krabi and a quick taxi ride to Ao Nang - enjoy your 50th :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom