explain strobe diffusers to me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a technical question for the experts here. I think I understand how a pre-flash digicam would produce this effect - the strobe ignores the pre-flash that the cam uses to ascertain how much returning light to anticipate, then floods the image with unexpected external light when the camera's exposure flash goes off.

I see that the Fuji 810 is not a pre-flash type. How does AE with flash work in this type of camera, why is the strobe overwhelming the Auto mode in this case? Could the AE setting (such as center weighting - not sure that's an option with the 810), or the Exposure Compensation setting be used to improve the close-up flash pics taken with Auto in this case?

Neither of my D2000 strobes bought about two years apart came with a diffuser. I purchased them separately.

N

Back
Top Bottom