Explorer II Turks & Caicos 10/31 - 11/7 2015 tips, advice, anybody else?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

El Tiburon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Going on the Explorer II Turks and Caicos 10/31/15 to 11/7/15. Any tips or advice, anybody else here going?

:jaws:

Do you have any time on Provo before/after the boat trip? Where are you staying?

The local rum (Bambarra) is very good and cheaper than most other liquors. Conch is a specialty in the T&C islands, you can get it in most restaurants.

Flying out of Provo airport on Saturday is crazy; make sure to give yourself plenty of time.

Have fun!

Kathy, nope, arriving Saturday, leaving Saturday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just Relax

We were on the boat 10/3-10/10. Despite the hurricane we had a great time. The crew is excellent and the diving very good. Tips? Nitrox - as suggested above - for sure. They bank 32%, which is ideal for their profiles. They offer the course on board which is the easiest dive course in the universe. Stan - the chief - will feed you well. The boat anchors over the reef and swings at anchor. You can ride the down lines for your stop or just wait for the bus to return. The boat is comfortable and if you want something or have a question just ask, everyone is both helpful and friendly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just Relax

We were on the boat 10/3-10/10. Despite the hurricane we had a great time. The crew is excellent and the diving very good. Tips? Nitrox - as suggested above - for sure. They bank 32%, which is ideal for their profiles. They offer the course on board which is the easiest dive course in the universe. Stan - the chief - will feed you well. The boat anchors over the reef and swings at anchor. You can ride the down lines for your stop or just wait for the bus to return. The boat is comfortable and if you want something or have a question just ask, everyone is both helpful and friendly.

I am glad to hear that you had a good trip after all; it wasn't looking very promising at the start of your week.

Going on the Explorer II Turks and Caicos 10/31/15 to 11/7/15. Any tips or advice, anybody else here going?

My wife & I were also on the boat 10/3 through 10/10 along with cert1967. We had a great time, even if the water conditions weren't the best. As cert says the boat swings on the mooring line, but it's not a big deal. You'll find the boat crew very helpful. Is this your first liveaboard trip? If you're on the early flight out of Provo in the morning the airport is not crowded as it is later in the day.

Last edited:
Dive trip vs the human factor? No contest. Our 3 pre EV days in Provo saw winds up to 80mph. T&C suffered property damage, injuries and loss of life.
The minor inconveniences we had were insignificant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife & I were also on the boat 10/3 through 10/10 along with cert1967. We had a great time, even if the water conditions weren't the best. As cert says the boat swings on the mooring line, but it's not a big deal. You'll find the boat crew very helpful. Is this your first liveaboard trip? If you're on the early flight out of Provo in the morning the airport is not crowed as it is later in the day.

5th liveaboard, 4:37 flight.

5th liveaboard, 4:37 flight.

You'll have a good time. The crew told us that there are 10 or 12 flights that leave out of Provo within about a 3 hour period in the afternoon, and the airport gets really crowed.
Nitrox is the way to increase your dive time.
Most of the dives you can go as deep as you want or as deep as the nitrox's MOD will allow.
We got some of our best pictures staying on top of the reef.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom