Exporting SmartTrak data

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cmalinowski

Contributor
Reaction score
I've been doing some research on trying to export my smarttrak data so that I can put it in a different database format.

I've gone here to try and understand the data and how to parse it. Unfortunately, I just can't quite figure it out.

I opened my SLG file in MSAccess (gU6dokZ6sk9R before you ask). The Log and Profile columns are marked as binary data. I exported to XML. The snippet below is what is in the Log and Profile col for one of the records on export. Can anyone make heads or tails of the data below? Or is this just the crap that will come out in an attempt to export and is not useful? If someone can tell me how to parse it, I would be happy to write the PHP code and share it with everyone. I just don't have that much knowledge on this kind of data, but can be taught.

Thanks,
Chris

snippet from xml file exported from MSAccess:
<DiveTimeCounter>406429795</DiveTimeCounter>
<Log>paVaWnIEAABjoDkYAAEAAPABAAYAAh4DOgAcAR8BYAIDAAAAAAAAAHgFeAXdD1AA AAAAAADQEQD+f288IQEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAJQAAZQsAAGULAABlCwAAZQsAAGUL AABlCwAAZQsAAGUL</Log>
<Profile>/gBI/AIL8JknLScbCAwSEg0CBXJudWGBZoF2XwEUGiYQFn5sen4Gwb/Bfn93cGTB f2twGhF3dXqBwYF/BsJ/Ab8CCAF9en0NvwF7gXp3dQuBDgp9egp9br9rahMjwXlr bAUPvwV+enhwfoEMBoF0dAgLHAO/Br94dQG/C30JBwMCgXpzBX0ICA/BAXd1eQJ0 fA8KAQZ5vw4BgQZ9en12CXp6B78Ee3kDBnp2FBQBcIF7CRGBCQi/fQEBAQQIBXsF gQG/dAN5f4EGv3Z8Am8JBg0DEHl5B3Z+fgYLB3UBAQIlEH5oBwcEfXZ0dQ98c3oB DwJ2wX0Dfnd+wQwBwW8CEAhwb3h3EQwBf3t7AXp/fAtwewTBAwR9fwIFC3EDA31+ BAYEBXcEBHFxbsEGC3d9BH0DBXgKf3l8DXsGAgUEfxsLb3kDDsF/cXp+egMKeH8B eAELe3t7Dgh4eX8IwXt7AwcBAwEFfMEBew0FAXVpAX4DAgIFcQfBAggEeHlvfxEP HXp4wgV4eb8FB3t3dwN2Ar95E3J2e3mBeAt7AwkJewd4gRB5f3ttBwoHF31vXQUN Eg96BHoI5H3gfXEFBQwCfn53fgl4AwN9CwF6wX8KB3d+fgMIeQJ+b3AZeAFzewMP d3cQegl3fH8NCX1xd30TeXgHDMF4A790vwoGB3cFwYFzwQYIDX95eMESBWp5Awl9 bwQHf3oHe2obfAh7c3R5CMEGdwt4AQh6BATBA3t6AXt2fwkDeggDwn4EAgF+BgR1 dxQFfH0BGH1ndggRvwERDHB4BHx7f3wBgXyBfgwIv30BwX0DA319anyBfAYLCb9z gXQJB78HAnECEcEDfHd+CQZ+dn4NDQN1fBPBBXd4dG54DAgPCxtgawR8dXwDfQoC Bnd5AwgIAndwCQJ6A3x9CAoDdX51Cg94fgp1wgQIfQF7BHsFBn17Bnp/fuQE4HsK BG2Bc3Z+fwYBeny/fBMFC4HBv357wYEKv8GBfXbBgQIBf3y/dQZ9BQQBDn98vwEM gQR5BX92dX4IBL8CvwN5doF+AoEFBA0EvwR6BMFteAIXv390dgd9Aw0EgcHBfwMD A4F5fQ8Mv3mBbXFvv3XCfMF9BhSBGL/Be4F8vxQLenl4c3h6A8F7aQsDe394A3rB Bnh5Bnp7AQIGDA9ncn52bG+Be3t7f78WbXgieHoFAQdzcnQDfGR0exh1cQjkCuAE cW8HA3oEAgsVf2p8DAoLBXxfd39WDhBzHg98BXV/cHMPdHl9dw95YWVOGHEHeMEE eAd5BnwCf3oDA38Cdn4Le39/BQECeAEDfgR9fAPBfwJ+A30DBHQLBAF9AX5/fA5z d8EFwQZ6B3zBB8F+v3+BA3sSenV6AQ==</Profile>
<SiteIdx>6</SiteIdx>

Any other thoughts?

Hi Chris,

I've looked at this myself quite a few times over the last few years.
I think if you want a real answer from someone, you need to provide more information. for instance
Provide the exact data you extract for a COUPLE very short dives ( maybe 4 minutes? less if possible) along with all the corresponding information that the data represents such as dive time, depth, psi remaining, ect that you know is contained within that info for every xxseconds ( I THINK the data is recorded every 10 seconds? I'm not sure) and also provide the graph that shows the dive profile - and dont forget that the data is probably figured as metric, just as the other fields are.

Also the data is stored as an OLE / Binary format - what you have provided doesnt seem to be binary, but since you said its from an export, who knows how the data has been manipulated and what has been added/removed from the original.

My feeling is you may get a much better response if you make a copy of that table, remove most of the unneeded fields (I think you only need to leave the 3 that you have already listed) then post your question at Utter Access Discussion Forums - Access Help - they are extremely helpful there with all access questions

If you do post your question there, let me know as I would like to follow the responses as I also wrote my own printable logbook using the data stored in the tables then adapted to my wants ( such as year to date dives, total and year to date dive time, ect on each logbook page) but am forced to use smarttrak software to print just the graph's on the backside of my design while I would prefer to do my own graphs

I've been doing some research on trying to export my smarttrak data so that I can put it in a different database format.

I've gone here to try and understand the data and how to parse it. Unfortunately, I just can't quite figure it out.

I opened my SLG file in MSAccess (gU6dokZ6sk9R before you ask). The Log and Profile columns are marked as binary data. I exported to XML. The snippet below is what is in the Log and Profile col for one of the records on export. Can anyone make heads or tails of the data below? Or is this just the crap that will come out in an attempt to export and is not useful? If someone can tell me how to parse it, I would be happy to write the PHP code and share it with everyone. I just don't have that much knowledge on this kind of data, but can be taught.

Thanks,
Chris

Any other thoughts?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom