Exposure Suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I personally dive in a wetsuit top and shorts during summer.

During winter I wear a 4/3 surf style suit and bring along a hood for the really cold (no sunshine) days.

If you are an active East Coast diver without a drysuit- you really should be fine with your 3 mil.

Looking at my computer- Water temp yesterday was 79 degrees @ 120 ft.

Enjoy!
Chris
Pacifc Paradise Divers

Last August the water temps I recorded were 83-84* so much warmer. I wore a .5 mil suit and was fine - I am now one of those who gets cold easily (I don't know what happened...) and am thinking about something heavier than my 3mil full suit for next winter, but come summer weather even I'll be fine, if not too warm in my 3 mil.

Have a lot of fun!

Tim

Great :) Thanks alot :)

MVacc:
Well, I live in New England, so i dive in cold water, usually around 45-55 degrees f. So thats a full 7 mil suit, hoods booties and gloves. I used my 3 mil set in Florida, and it seemed pretty fine. But i don't want to get there and be like.. Damn, its cold.. :)

lol...the only thing that will be cold is the drinking water on the boat :wink:

the 3mm should be just right

If you are doing the Manta dive you will probably get cold. I've done it twice with my wife and daughter and each time one of them has bailed early because they got cold. I generally wear a 3 mm shorty, and even I was getting chilled.

The issue is you don't move around at all, so you get cold just sitting there. A 3 mm without the hood should do for most northern divers.

Bob

MVacc:
Me and my family are traveling to Hawaii over the summer in August. I have a 3 mil suit, complete with gloves/hood booties, and i also have my 7 mil suit complete with the same things. All the while i've pictured using a shortie or even a bathing suit in Hawaii, but recently i read that people even use 3 mil suits with hoods in hawaii. So i'm not really sure.. Can anyone offer some advice on exactly what to bring/wear?
Aloha

I'm recently certified padi and a maui resident. I've dove in the summer and winter times here on maui. I use a 3ml full body suit and just use a rash guard underneath in the winter time. I started with a shorty but switched to a full body suit. I stay comfortable through out espicially on dives which average about 35 feet. I can stay underwater for 70 minutes and still have a 500lb reserve and remain comfortable.

HAPPY DIVING

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom