Express tech Delux from Leisure Pro (WHAT A MESS)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Manow

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I ordered an Express Tech Delux with the "Rip Cord" system. Placed my order with Leisure Pro. I received the BCD, but without the rip cord system. According to the enclosed invoice, LP shipped an "Express tech Delux with Rip Cord". The outside of the box is hand written Express Tech DLX. LP is asking me if there "is a pull tab next to the pocket". Is there a "secret pocket" that I don't know about? This BCD looks like a soft back plate, bladder and a harness. There is no pocket, and there is no rip cord system. I've also been unable to find a warranty card or any type of instructions in the box. Nothing! There is a LP Hose, but it won't connct to the BCD, unless there's another "secret" that no one is telling me about. Maybe I should read the directions...oh..that's right....no instructions with the BCD. Normally I wouldn't require instructions for something as simple as a BCD.....but I'd read them anyway, because after all, these things arn't cheap. Is this normal for Zeagle; I mean is this how the BCDs are shipped? Is there a trick to the BCD Hose? It fits, but it won't lock on...so basically...it won't work. Maybe I'm just over reacting, and I shouldn't send this back to LP with flames trailing after. Maybe there's a simple solution....help me out if you can.

Not sure bud but it sounds like the situation is a little sketchy.

Sorry about that. Nothing worse then waiting on new dive gear and getting surprises.

It may not be Zeagle though. I know LP sells a lot of gear that does not come with a manufacturers warranty of details. They are not an authorized dealer. They still sell it but the original warranty from the company is void. You then get a warranty from LP.

Don't know if that's the case just some additional info to consider.

Best of luck and keep us posted to how things turn out.

I too was looking at that BC. Now holding my breath :wink:

USVet

Very odd, could you send me your order info? Email is in the sig.

Almost every manufacturer we carry now comes with their warranty. The two big exceptions are Scuba Pro and Aqualung. This BCD in question appears to include the Zeagle manufacturers warranty, but this situation doesn't sound like that will be needed anyway.

I'm not personally familiar with that BCD, but if you send me order information I should be able to get you in touch with someone more familiar with it so we can get everything sorted out ASAP.

Odd.

There should have been a blue card in the box that says something like " For Product Registration, go to Zeagle Systems, BCs, Regulators, and Scuba Accessories, and also a link to a pdf of the BC owners manual, which is located here:

http://www.zeagle.com/classes/spaw2/uploads/files/BC_owners_Manual.pdf

As for the inflator hose, is it a standard quick disconnect hose. You pull the plastic cap off of the inflator fitting, lift the stainless steel sleeve, and it goes right on.

If you are missing the ripcord system, you need to contact the place of purchase. If it was on the BC, you would certainly see it!

Thanks,

Scott

Well, the non-fitting LP BCD Hose issue is resolved. It seems the fitting inside the hose (Schrade valve?) was so loose it was about to fall out. This was evidently keeping the hose from locking on. A few spins with Schrade tool, and it now works. I'm still waiting on Liesure Pro to get back with me on the Rip Cord. No, the Rip cord was not mounted on the BCD, and it wasn't an extra item in the box. If you like puzzles, this is great.

I have been doing this a long time, and I have NEVER heard of an issue with a schrader valve being loose in a new BC hose. Not once, ever.

I'm sure it has probably happened before, as they are made by humans, but I have never seen it.

Crazy.

As far as the ripcord system goes, it seems that our customer service person entered the order incorrectly, which is why the item shipped without it.

We are going to get the ripcord system out to you right away, and it is very easy to attach to the Express Tech....but if you have any questions when you receive it, feel free to call me at Zeagle!

Thanks and sorry!

Scott

I must admit that I was primed to snap off when I noticed the BCD didn’t have the rip cord, and perhaps I should have refrained from posting anything about it. It appears that both Leisure Pro and Zeagle are working hard to resolve my problem. About being primed to “snap off”, let me explain a little more. I come from a ‘different” industry, and I order huge amounts of merchandise from various internet vendors. I’m accustomed to doing business with ethical companies. I’ve had really GOOD experience with Leisure Pro. I placed an order with Scuba.com and also NE Scuba, and my orders were never shipped! NE Scuba billed, and never shipped. I had to make a bunch of noise to get my money back from NE Scuba, emailing my bank, contesting charges, etc. To add insult, this knuckle head John at NE Scuba wanted play juvenile email games. I don’t have time for that unprofessional nonsense. I shouldn’t have to do that. If a vendor doesn’t have something in stock, they shouldn’t bill you, and drag it out. Now obviously, this was not the case with Leisure Pro or Zeagle. So, I was already primed for battle when this happened, and again, I regret posting what (perhaps) could be viewed as derogatory comments about Leisure Pro and Zeagle. And yes, the schrader vale really was that loose, but a couple of spins fxed that. Thank you for your help in resolving this issue. Also, on the up-side, the Zeagle appears to be a really cool BCD. I’ll be diving Phuket Thailand here in a few weeks, and I plan to post a review of the Zeagle Express tech BCD with Rip Cord. Thank you again.

Glad to hear all is well. I have had great service with Zeagle and LeisurePro, also had issues with NE Scuba.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom