Express Tech question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ridalo

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,
I am considering buying an Express Tech BC.
I am very drawn to the simplicity, and the lightness, but have a few questions.
Firstly, how easy is this BC to remove in the water (to hand off to the boatman) as it only unclips at the waist and not at the shoulders, given that age means my shoulders are not what they were!
Secondly, what would the total weight be if I added the Zip touch, and the rear weight system? How much weight would I be gaining over my Stiletto?
Is it possible to fit the Zip Touch system in order to carry the QD signal pouch.
Thanks
Richard

Hi Richard.

If you have trouble removing your BCD without un-clipping the shoulders I suggest you go with the Express Tech Deluxe 7709NK-BLX. The Deluxe version adds the quick clips to the shoulder sections and waist strap plus it has the sternum strap and articulating shoulder straps that add a great deal of comfort to your rig.

I cant tell exactly how much the total system weighs, I haven't put it on a scale and Scott could answer that better, but I do know the entire setup is more compact and lighter than any of the other BCDs.

If you get the Deluxe harness There are buckles on each shoulder strap and the waist strap it should be very easy. With the standard harness if you do not have any D rings or attachments close to the plate on the waist belt the webbing just pulls up at the metal guide at the waist giving you slack in the shoulder straps. With the weight systems and the standard harness the weight should be less than the stiletto, with the deluxe harness about the same.

I attach my QD pouch to the tank straps between the plate and the wing using the Quick Link connectors. It seems to fit there and is accessible but out of the way. The Zip Touch weights would sit farther forward and not be in the way of the QD pouch.

The big advantage of the ET is how small it packs up with the 24# wing. If you need more lift for colder water you can put the 36# wing from your Stiletto on.

I can get my whole kit, regs, BC, mask, SMB, dive skin, 3 mil shorty, snorkel and a small camera in one carry on with the ET. My fins get checked

Any idea if the Express Tech Deluxe is available with the 36# wing directly from Zeagle? I don't see it on the website so I suppose the answer will be no.

I'd like to avoid the expense of having to buy 36# wing separately when most of my diving would be in cold water.

~John

I believe that the ET and the Deluxe model can be ordered with any wing. There will be an up charge for the larger wing but considerably cheaper then just buying the wing.

Back
Top Bottom