Express Tech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zeagle was purchased by another company, this may have something to do with the decision. Usually after an acquisition, product lines become consolidated.

I'm guessing the product was doomed to fail.

Many/most LDS's don't carry it in stock. Many people on Scubaboard will read about it and then move towards a BP/W.

That leaves people to find it on the web and be attracted to it based on price alone. They probably get concerned it doesn't have pockets and then move on.

Good rig for the right diver though.

It was the best alternative to a BPW in my opinion and for me the ultimate travel BC. I will say without reservation that not having it for 2013 was a monumentally stupid move. Probably some ivy league corporate dipwad.

It was the best alternative to a BPW in my opinion and for me the ultimate travel BC. I will say without reservation that not having it for 2013 was a monumentally stupid move. Probably some ivy league corporate dipwad.

The Zeagle rep said the Express Tech is still being produced just not the basic version. LP used. It could be that consumers and dive shops didn't know what to do with a BC with no pockets or integrated weights and a basic harness.

Stop by the shop or give us a call. This is so simple it is evasive.
That's unfortunate. The standard express tech was on my short list as a bcd for my daughter that would grow with her. I thought that it might also double as a travel unit for me.

Mike

---------- Post added March 12th, 2013 at 05:24 PM ----------

I can assure you the shops knew what to do. It is cheaper for you to fabricate a standard harness than to buy one from Zeagle.
The Zeagle rep said the Express Tech is still being produced just not the basic version. LP used. It could be that consumers and dive shops didn't know what to do with a BC with no pockets or integrated weights and a basic harness.

---------- Post added March 12th, 2013 at 05:28 PM ----------

The standard harness can be fabricated for the cost of 10' of webbing and a stainless buckle. Most are not aware they were buying BCDs with harnesses fabricated by the dealer. I can assure you if you order it they will have it. Call Aquatic Adventures in Zephyrhills. They are the oldest and largest Zeagle dealer in the country. I can tell you they ave an abundance of standard harnesses.

Thanks, but I bought one up at my local dive shop on Monday. It has the 24# bladder on it, which should be fine in Cancun, but I'm a little concerned that it won't be enough lift with a 7mm wet suit up here. Is this something that I should consider getting swapped out before I pick it up?

Mike

Thanks, but I bought one up at my local dive shop on Monday. It has the 24# bladder on it, which should be fine in Cancun, but I'm a little concerned that it won't be enough lift with a 7mm wet suit up here. Is this something that I should consider getting swapped out before I pick it up?

Mike

What size tanks do you use and how deep to you often find yourself locally? Those are the determining factors for how much lift your wing needs. Weight integration also plays a role but i'm guess that isn't relevant here.

I personally use a 25 up here with a 7mm (and a careful determination of weighting) with no problems - it rarely has more than a few puffs of air in it but I'm generally pretty shallow on local dives.

Either an AL80 or a steel 72. I've got the Ziptouch weight pockets ordered for it. Any local diving would likely be 40ft or less.

so the deluxe can be downgraded to a normal?

---------- Post added March 15th, 2013 at 01:47 PM ----------

I just got confirmation on this subject, the standard Express Tech (7709NK) is not going to be produced this year. I'm forwarding feedback from those that are interested in the standard to the decision making folks here, however.

As you can see above however, some dealers still have stock of the standard Express Tech if you wanted to pick up one soon.

hi JeffZeagle,

so really what the difference between the deluxe and the normal? I could not really find a side by side compare...

it is the padding? the bladder?

can u 'downgrade' the deluxe to a std ?

i was thinking for buying a std and some padding... in the first place... if that is what is the difference.. .i really dun mind the deluxe...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom