Extending webbing that has been cut

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSquatch

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I picked up a nice Nomad LT recently but the webbing was trimmed for an "average" size person. I'm not average. 6'4" 350 with a long torso and a thick frame. I can let out the straps and the shoulder straps will fit fine but I need a lot more to get the waist strap and crotch strap to close. Any ideas on how to lengthen the straps? I was thinking I could use some tri glides to "weave" in an extension.

call dive rite and ask them to replace the webbing for you. Shouldn't cost too much

Yep! Just sent them and email

Thanks!

The weave with the tri glides will work or you can order X feet of webbing (or the full roll) and replace it yourself.

You can even get creative a get different color webbing so there's no mistake about which one is yours

I picked up a nice Nomad LT recently but the webbing was trimmed for an "average" size person. I'm not average. 6'4" 350 with a long torso and a thick frame. I can let out the straps and the shoulder straps will fit fine but I need a lot more to get the waist strap and crotch strap to close. Any ideas on how to lengthen the straps? I was thinking I could use some tri glides to "weave" in an extension.

Your idea works perfectly well.

The weave with the tri glides will work or you can order X feet of webbing (or the full roll) and replace it yourself.

You can even get creative a get different color webbing so there's no mistake about which one is yours

I would do that but the webbing is sewn into the back plate.

Oh.... Obviously I have no clue what a Nomad LT is. I thought it was a backplate, as in a chunk of flat metal folded in a certain way with some different size holes that you use for the webbing, wing, and tank or tanks.
I'll be googling this pm.

Oh.... Obviously I have no clue what a Nomad LT is. I thought it was a backplate, as in a chunk of flat metal folded in a certain way with some different size holes that you use for the webbing, wing, and tank or tanks.
I'll be googling this pm.

Me too. Maybe the hardware can be salvaged. Alas...

Dive Rite has replaced webbing in various harnesses they sell for many years. This should be no different. Anyone with a robust sewing machine and necessary skills can DIY it, but they usually don't charge that much to get it done.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom