external batteries for extended hours

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caribean-ted

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
just used a gopro 3 black and two sola 2000 lights
problem is there only good for one hour of continuous use
there must be an external battery pack that can get 3 hours of use for two lights
the gopro i can change batteries on the boat but u cant recharge the lights between dives
anybody have a solution to this as light and motion has no clue
they even sent me two singles trays instead of a double tray
also seems verything is extra. i wont buy from them again they are no help at all

---------- Post added March 6th, 2013 at 01:57 PM ----------

also had to re-order parts to put the lights on the trays then recieve the new tray with no connections which if i order theres another 30.00 shipping fee again

Since the Sola's have internal Li-Ion batteries I doubt there is an external battery pack available. How would you connect it?

As diversteve indicated, you need lights with replaceable batteries (or more lights). I have an ancient amphibico with a burn time of around 90 minutes and it is ready to go again as soon as I swap batteries.

Well I talked to Light and motion, they have been trying to solve the issue, but seems any attachments would rust the contacts.
Gees Id hate to think I need to buy 2 more lights to do two tank dives. thats almost another 2000. The camera only cost 450.
There has to be a better way.

Well I talked to Light and motion, they have been trying to solve the issue, but seems any attachments would rust the contacts.
Gees Id hate to think I need to buy 2 more lights to do two tank dives. thats almost another 2000. The camera only cost 450.
There has to be a better way.

No need to have the lights on the entire dive. You don't want to be recording continuously either. Record only when you find something interesting. Turn on the lights only when the subject is within 5 feet.

Recording continuously will be a nightmare to edit. Leaving the lights on the whole dive wastes battery power. Just my suggestions.

Sell the Sola's and buy these: Shop - Mangrove Videocompact VC-2L6 - Aditech USA | Underwater video and photo online store

You'll even pick up an extra 560 lumens...

They're also $635 ea. $20 more for the mount. Extra battery packs are $240.

That would be more costly as I just purchased the sola2000, to sell them I would lose money, they should have an external batter like the one mangrove comes with. You would think they could do that.

---------- Post added March 7th, 2013 at 12:13 PM ----------

No need to have the lights on the entire dive. You don't want to be recording continuously either. Record only when you find something interesting. Turn on the lights only when the subject is within 5 feet.

Recording continuously will be a nightmare to edit. Leaving the lights on the whole dive wastes battery power. Just my suggestions.

Your not kidding bro, just didnt want to miss anything, also I did have everything off till I got to the area I wanted to record. Now i ordered some editing software, gonna be a lot of editing to do. LOL

At least, for the GoPro, you never have to worry about batteries anymore. And for cheap too. You can even swap batteries UNDERWATER!!!!!

The first system ever capable of doing so, to my knowledge.

Check it out and pledge towards my Kickstarter campaign please:

At least, for the GoPro, you never have to worry about batteries anymore. And for cheap too. You can even swap batteries UNDERWATER!!!!!

The first system ever capable of doing so, to my knowledge.

Check it out and pledge towards my Kickstarter campaign please:

depth rating

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom