Extra Lead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ishie:
Holy...

Does he have to ditch weights every time he ascends? Is he wearing a 40 mm wetsuit? Does he refuse to dive unless he has his security weather balloon along? Does he have a plastic tank?

LOL...no, he was just a really big guy and a natural floater. I dove with him once at North Monastery and I couldn't quite believe that he'd lugged all of that weight over that hill.

WOW!

by big you mean Andre the Giant, right? Sounds like he'd have to be 7 to 8 feet tall and weigh pretty close to 500 pounds... Inconceivable!

I have to agree with Mark.
I've seen people my size (5'8" 190lbs) carrying 3 times the weight I use.
When wet (Xcel 976) with a LP95 I use 18lbs.
I've seen MBDC rig up an out of towner that was my size with 50lbs while I was at their shop.
When I asked them about it the guy said "he is an out of towner that is just used to warm water".
I was shocked, but apparently he is not alone in doing this.
I have to agree with Brian,I also have yet to see an instructor do a (the) proper weight check on an OW student.
FWIW My advance class (taught by bozo's) had 12 students (most of which had 6-12 dives) do the Rubicon Wall on a Saturday then the so called "Peak Performance Boyancy" the next day at Sand Harbor.
WTH were they thinking?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom