F×<[$%> weather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Bubblesong

How did the second stage come off?
The hose blew off the second stage.
About 3/4 through our circuit of the cove I felt a BANG, and the bubble frothing, thought I got hit by something, noticed I could not get air from second stage, thought hose was cut, switched to octopus, and breathed ok, signaled to buddy and ascended with hand up and looked for a boat, but there was none around. My buddy shut off tank air, and I saw the hose had only disconnected, not broken, but by then I had unconsciously dropped the second stage in the weeds. I surface swam back to boat ramp without bothering to look for it due to viz and lack of appropriate gear. My buddy looked a couple minutes but the weeds are deep there.
So now it has become a “Quest” and I will go look for it.

@Bubblesong

Keep us posted, not sure when I'll be there next but I'll keep my eyes open.

What brand/ model and better location of where it happened.

So it unscrewed from the 1st stage?
Yes, I think so, but I’d like to find it to be sure.
@BubblesongKeep us posted, not sure when I'll be there next but I'll keep my eyes open.
What brand/ model and better location of where it happened.
DEEP6, right next to round end point of protuberant rocks of middle of right side of cove. That sea bottom is not flat sand but huge boulders with underhangs, and where you see the largest fish, kids cliff jumping, so I doubt the gear will get washed away, but still takes care and time to relocate. Well I wanted some old Deep6 gear for a reg service class, so maybe I’ll have it!

Also it went at the end of the hose or at the 1st stage? Either one i'd take a very close look at the threads, see if they're stripped at all.
I have hose, the threads on that end are not stripped. This is a brand new reg on first dive. I’ll have to find the second stage to be sure, but if nothing wrong with that connector then it must have unscrewed somehow during the dive. I have heard of this happening before, with different brand, so it may be a matter of correct tightening of connection. I’m certainly interested in making sure it doesn’t happen again so Ultimately I’ll take the Dee6 regulator service class.

@Bubblesong if you want to look Wed I'm in. I'll bring my metal detector and a search reel full of line. You handle the reel I'll use the detector.

Im gonna go check all my hoses now.

A wise thing to do now and then. Best times, before 1st dive of the season and whenever it comes back from service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom