F2 Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure about the F1s but the foot pocket on the F2s is huge.
OOps!
Blade "shorter" but foot pocket is "huge". How I love a such abstract "marketing like" definition :)
Anyone of owner, can you share with potential one an exact size of.
First of all, particularly to me - what is the blade size & entire size?
Thanks.

OOps!
Blade "shorter" but foot pocket is "huge". How I love a such abstract "marketing like" definition :)
Anyone of owner, can you share with potential one an exact size of.
First of all, particularly to me - what is the blade size & entire size?
Thanks.

Not entirely sure what you are talking about, the foot pocket is very wide i.e looks like it's made for drysuit boots. I have the small F2s and wear a size 6.5 US 5mm wetsuit boot and there is almost 1.5cm gap on either side of my foot.

The foot pocket is 10cm from top to bottom (outside edge) and 10cm wide from Spring attachment to spring attachment, it gets a little wider near the top at around 10.5cm

The total length of the fin is just over 48cm from heel to tip.The blade is 22.5cm at its widest at the end. The blade from end of foot pocket to the tip is about 28.5cm.

Hope this was of some use.

Thanks!I just have to say that this is the exact information that I have been looking for.

Used a new pair of F2's yesterday at Catalina Island, Southern California, for 2 "causal" dives. They are definitely stiff. Great for Frog, Helicopter, hovering over a reef/coral head or wreck, or slicing through kelp. In other words, a great fin for Techies, Cavers and Photog's. They are small, so great for travel. On the surface, they are fast. If your diving is not purpose driven, and is more like a a "walk in the park", or let's go this way then over here, then back there", i.e. "everyday diving", I don't think these are the fins for you, "or me". If I had to choose one word to describe the F2's, it would "maneuverability".

Used a new pair of F2's yesterday at Catalina Island, Southern California, for 2 "causal" dives. They are definitely stiff. Great for Frog, Helicopter, hovering over a reef/coral head or wreck, or slicing through kelp. In other words, a great fin for Techies, Cavers and Photog's. They are small, so great for travel. On the surface, they are fast. If your diving is not purpose driven, and is more like a a "walk in the park", or let's go this way then over here, then back there", i.e. "everyday diving", I don't think these are the fins for you, "or me". If I had to choose one word to describe the F2's, it would "maneuverability".

...spacious

What size is your foot, wet/dry boots and what size fin did you use?

Does anyone know if the F2's are negative or positive buoyant?

What size is your foot, wet/dry boots and what size fin did you use?

The bag/package says "Regular", and stamped on the fins are MEDIUM - LARGE. My foot size is 9 &1/2 , standard neoprene boot, 5mm Deep Sea, with rubber bottom. Seems to be a nice fit. I moved the springs to the "front" set of pins/screws.

I was hoping someone with large feet, size 11 to 12 would chime in on the foot pocket size of the F2's. With my F1's my XXL's are almost to big for my size 12 dry boots. At one point I considered going down to XL's. I am worried the XL F2's will be too big using my size 11 3mm wet boots and that the regulars will be too small.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom