Faber Donut malfunction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Add one more that JUST blew out on a Blue Steel factory O-ring. This is getting ridiculous. Making a call right now.

Let me know what they say my 013 blow out also

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Use DIN regs ... problem solved! :wink: I have about 25 of those stupid donuts. I've never used a single one of them. I guess I should sell them to folks with Blue Steel valves.

Huh, I was under the impression that all yoke o-rings were the same. Ya learn something new every day.

One additional issue is the hex hole in the donut comes in two different sizes depending upon the valve manufacturer.
Somebody help me... define if the O-ring among those two are the same?

(The yoke O-ring comes in a standard large you see on the outside of a donut (and on non-donut valves) and a thinner cross section one seen in Sherwood valves that do not have that donut.)

Figured the issue out. The O-rings were still the standard size, but they are green viton. I still dont trust this donut and would replace it or dive DIN

Here we go again. Just got a new batch in an 3 tanks blew out with factory viton o-ring(green) and standard o-ring(black)

What a joke of a manufacturing defect. Ive tried to contact faber and they passed the buck to our rep who gave us the green o-rings. This has been happening to people while they are diving.

Interesting...we just got 7 new tanks with the Blue Steel convertible valves, and had the same issue with o-rings blowing (some while underwater). This happened with both the green o-rings that came with them and then any replacement.

report to the CPSC...

Add one more that JUST blew out on a Blue Steel factory O-ring. This is getting ridiculous. Making a call right now.
What yoke/regulator is this happening with so much?
I'm guessing its a unique mismatch between those yokes and their latest batch of valve donuts.

Back
Top Bottom