Faber HP 100 HDG for $363 w/free shipping... TGTBT?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MannyDib2

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This seems too good to be true. Am I missing something?
it comes with a pro-valve and the shipping is free
of course, they are back-ordered as expected at that price

Screenshot 2023-07-25 6.05.57 PM.png

LDS will probably charge you for a vis and some will be ticked off at you for buying online. shipping damage is a risk. You can always try to haggle a bit with the LDS to see if they will give you the difference in fill credit.

That is my local dive shop. I bought a set of Faber doubles from them 2 weeks ago. I didn't need to haggle to get the best price around. The other big online retailers are all charging for shipping and charging more for the tanks. Who would have ever thought that the best price around would be in Manhattan ?

Funny this came up. I have one in my Cart debating whether to press the Buy button or wait and find a second-hand tank.

LDS will probably charge you for a vis and some will be ticked off at you for buying online. shipping damage is a risk. You can always try to haggle a bit with the LDS to see if they will give you the difference in fill credit.
I really want to support my LDS but they're asking like $500 around here for these.
Even DGX, which is local to me, has them priced at $434 without shipping

This seems too good to be true. Am I missing something?
it comes with a pro-valve and the shipping is free
of course, they are back-ordered as expected at that price

View attachment 794205

I bought two a few weeks back. All above board. You do need a VIP so factor in that cost.

I bought 2 at the same time as @Divin'Papaw, dates were good. After VIP I was still ahead by about $100 per tank over LDS prices. Things that require trying on/customer service, I will buy from my LDS even if it costs more.

Erik

I bought two a few weeks back. All above board. You do need a VIP so factor in that cost.
I paid $329.95 per tank, on July 12 from LeisurePro, current hydro. VIP was $25 for both tanks. With Bidenflation, I suspect every time they get a new shipment in the prices will go up accordingly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom