Faber, OMS or Worthington?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Personally, I can notice this increased drag of the 8" diameter but otherwise I am OK with the tank.

An 8" diameter tank felt like hauling around a barrel of beer down there. Experts said I shouldn't feel the difference, but I'm with you. I sold one on eBay for $15 less than I paid new.

My choice was pretty simple. with tax and shipping differences, I was able to get the Faber FX-100's for about $150 bucks EACH cheaper than the Worthingtons. The Fabers came with "free shipping" on a special they were running.

I did have to pay for o2 cleaning that would have most likely come with the Worthington at the higher price. but the $150 savings (per tank) before the o2 cleaning made it a simple choice.

However, if the tanks were priced the same, I'd prob get the Worthington. Better finish and a better valve. (but not $150 x 2 = $300 better).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom