Faber (XS Scuba) has released their Hot-Dipped Galvanized steel tank series!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have 8 x 133s that have had a fair amount of use, just dropped them off to get filled and think there might have been a tad big of rust on the top of the neck, will check when I pick them up and report back.

I love mine. A few dozen dives. Still look new and one hit the asphalt pretty hard and you can't tell where.

Got 8 tanks in March, since they each of them has about 20-25 dives on them.
So far so good, have a bit of rust on the neck which is a little concerning this early on and considering they get rinsed at the dock after being in the ocean.
Tanks have done about 50% of their dives in the ocean, 25% in fresh, 25% in brackish.
Hoping these HDG tanks are as good as the old school Worthingtons, time will tell.
Scuba-Tnaks-Oct-2017-Faber-HDG2.jpg
Scuba-Tnaks-Oct-2017-Faber-HDG1.jpg
Scuba-Tnaks-Oct-2017-Faber-HDG3.jpg

Picture of 7/8 of them picked up today from the dive shop along with a picture or two of the rust on the neck, sorry the picture quality wasn't great.

It's been six plus years, since this cohort of Faber HP HDG tanks were born. Even with COVID limiting diving, surely some tanks have been Hydro Tested by now.

Anyone have their Faber HP HDG cylinder fail Hydro? If failed, did tester do "Round Out" procedure?
1655240305254.png
Vs.
1655240697827.png

Also, cylinders come with either the XS Scuba or the Faber/Blue Steel style boot. Which style boot does your tank wear, and have you inspected beneath for rust? 🥾

Back
Top Bottom