Failed 25m underwater swim.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Practice - with someone watching you. Also you can practice just general swimming and also breath holding while walking should acclimate you to the stress.

Discuss with your instructor. Helping students with this kind of thing is one of the things good instructors do.

My open water instructor was also a swimming for conditioning instructor. We were made to do a lot of surface swimming and physical fitness (e.g., running on a track) before we ever attempted anything requiring us to hold our breath for longer than briefly.

I think this kind of physical conditioning made the subsequent longer duration underwater breath-holding skills much, much easier.

rx7diver

You may find this to be of interest...

Out of curiosity how long does it take for one to do 25m underwater on average?

So, I had some similiarites a while ago. Struggle with breathold with mask off in 4°C water. Anyway, 10 minutes training a day for a month training with a "freediving brethold trainer" app had me comfortably increase my breath hold from ~70 seconds to 2 and a half minute (both on dry land.

Might be easier to train breathhold than having pool access etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom