Failed 25m underwater swim.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is an app that got good reviews but I only started using it, called STAmina

So, I had some similiarites a while ago. Struggle with breathold with mask off in 4°C water. Anyway, 10 minutes training a day for a month training with a "freediving brethold trainer" app had me comfortably increase my breath hold from ~70 seconds to 2 and a half minute (both on dry land.

Might be easier to train breathhold than having pool access etc.
I’m curios which app are you using? I’ve notice my ability to hold my breath is declining.

There is an app that got good reviews but I only started using it, called STAmina

Have you used this app?

Thanks,
Erik

I would go with Alekseolsen's suggestion. Practice on dry land. Maybe even try holding your breath while walking to simulate the exertion level of an underwater swim.

Static apena and swiming apnea are 2 completely different beasts.

A 25m swim takes like 30-45 seconds, I think that the fastest way for you to do it is to relax more.
You are not creating enough co2 to force you to breath in such a short time, but if you are clenching your muscles while preparing for the swim or during your swim you are starting with a higher amount of co2 in your blood than necessary.

Before trying to do the swim just relax on the surface, if you are sinking hold on to the edge of the pool or a buoy, deep breath in, deep breath out make the exale last around 2 times as long as the inhale, do that for a minute or two and try again.

I’m curios which app are you using? I’ve notice my ability to hold my breath is declining.

Have you used this app?

Thanks,
Erik
I only started to use the App, I am not myself any good at apnea: I can only hold for 1 min 35.

I only started to use this app about two months ago, I was holding around 1 min then.

It’s only generating the tables for O2 and CO2 for you based off the longest breathhold you can do. And then it has a timer for you to do the tables: it tells you when to breath and when to hold.

Only bought it for convenience so I can do this during my commute.

I don’t have proper freediving or breath holding training …

Static apena and swiming apnea are 2 completely different beasts.

A 25m swim takes like 30-45 seconds, I think that the fastest way for you to do it is to relax more.
You are not creating enough co2 to force you to breath in such a short time, but if you are clenching your muscles while preparing for the swim or during your swim you are starting with a higher amount of co2 in your blood than necessary.

Before trying to do the swim just relax on the surface, if you are sinking hold on to the edge of the pool or a buoy, deep breath in, deep breath out make the exale last around 2 times as long as the inhale, do that for a minute or two and try again.
How many strokes do you do for 25m?

I only started to use the App, I am not myself any good at apnea: I can only hold for 1 min 35.

I only started to use this app about two months ago, I was holding around 1 min then.

It’s only generating the tables for O2 and CO2 for you based off the longest breathhold you can do. And then it has a timer for you to do the tables: it tells you when to breath and when to hold.

Only bought it for convenience so I can do this during my commute.

I don’t have proper freediving or breath holding training …
Thanks for the information. Now, don’t black out during your commute or they’ll leave you on the train, 😆!

Back
Top Bottom