Failures on Uwatec 2G wrist straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any wrist watch or computer needs to be on a NATO band so if one of the pins do break, the watch/computer will still remain on ones wrist.

My Dive Rite Nitek Duo straps have never broken (but unfortunately all of the computers have)

Those straps are complete garbage. I've had divers break then the first time putting them on out of the box. I have about 18 tec2G/2G/whatever they are called now in the dive locker, and all of them have straps that you just just tug slightly on and break. I swapped out for bungies and double zipties. If I only had one or two I would get the fancy mounts that Tobin sells, but 18 of them would cost a bit more than my gear buget can afford.

I am also just now getting to the point where I have to change batteries on them. From 2011- 2015 the computers would break some how before the batteries died; bad pressure transducers, bad buttons, just stopped turning on. They were replaced under warranty, but after the 4th or 5th one it makes you question the general QC. If I could find a good alternate option I'd swap, but comparable computers are ether so expensive I could almost buy a shearwater, or the UI is so confusing I don't want to bother.

-Chris

Back
Top Bottom