Fall dive trip to Fiji!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cbm32

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My wife and I did a 91/2 week trip to Fiji last year and LOVED it.

We are looking to return this fall and in order to get the best deal possible I am looking to put together a group to go and dive at Naigani resort. Nice resort (not 5 star but comfortable and really good food) which is a PADI dive center and has GREAT diving. The fishing is really good as well.

I am not a travel agent but I have become friends with the folks that run the resort and will be able to get us a good deal with them, as well as the best fares possible on Air Pacific from LAX to Fiji.

Looking to make this trip in mid to late September or very early in October.

I am NOT looking for a firm commitment from anyone at this point. Only expressions of real interest in making the trip and an idea of what weeks in that general time period work for the people that are interested. Once I have a good idea of the number of divers it would be possible to put together, I will nail down the exact prices I can get, and then look for commitments from those that expressed interest. The more people, the better deal of course.

I would NOT be making a profit on this trip, only getting better air fare for my wife and I by putting it together, and hopefully taking along some fun folks to dive with. As I said, I became friends with the powers that be at this small family owned resort and that fact, along with the fact that I would be a returning customer, would get me a good deal at the resort anyway. However, air fare sucks and anything we can do to get that down would be a real benefit to us....and to you if you would like to dive Fijian waters.

So, if you have an interest in diving Fijian waters at that time of year, indicate as much in this thread or shoot me a private message to that effect.

Anyone wishing to stay more than a week in Fiji would be able to extend their stay at Naigani, or possibly one of the other two resorts we visited last year and so have contacts at. Those would be Matava (GREAT Manta dive) on Kadavu and Blue Lagoon Beach Resort (fantastic shark dive and fun bar/restaurant activities in the evenings) in the Yasawa's.

Vinaka,
Michael B. Caro

Last edited:
Hi Michael,

Not sure if you managed to organize this trip for the fall, which would be about right now. It can be quite a challenge to get all the folks organized and you may find a travel agent can be of benefit to you. One perk in particular when going to Fiji (I book groups to the Volivoli Beach Resort) and using an agent contracted with Air Pacific, you get a good group fare but you can also get Overweight Bag Coupons for $100 that cover the costs of excess dive gear weight. You cannot get these online or at the ticket counter during check-in, but only through an agent. You may find dive travel agents can afford you benefits and make your group much easier to manage.

Website Scuba Diving Destinations - Vacation Specials - Liquid Diving Adventures

Back
Top Bottom