Falling into Dive Boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My questions in regards to this accident.
1. Is the dive boat operator liable for this accident?
2. Is the resort property owner of the pier liable?
3. Is nature liable for this incident ?

I only saw this thread now and I was truly amazed and disgusted at most of the responses the OP got!! The OP gave a description of the circumstances leading to his injury and asked a few basic questions.

I am not sure what part of this seems like "a few basic questions" to you but each one of those "basic questions" contains the work LIABLE. This, to most people, leads the brain to the understanding that the person asking the question wants to know who is "guilty" of something and therefore has to pay. This MAY have been the rare occurrance where this does not apply, but that is not the impression that I got. The OP sounded like he was getting ready for trial.

If he had asked:

1. For all the boat crew out there, how do you help your passengers to get in and out of your boat in rough seas?
2. With the conditions as described, would most places choose to continue or call the dives?
3. Is this just a case of "**** Happens"?

then I would be more likely to agree with you. As it stands, I interperet the OP's post as his fishing for somebody to say that he should not have been injured and that he should be compensated accordingly.

JMO FWIW

I am not sure what part of this seems like "a few basic questions" to you but each one of those "basic questions" contains the work LIABLE. This, to most people, leads the brain to the understanding that the person asking the question wants to know who is "guilty" of something and therefore has to pay. This MAY have been the rare occurrance where this does not apply, but that is not the impression that I got. The OP sounded like he was getting ready for trial.

So what if the OP's questions contained the word "liable" and so what if the person asking the questions wants to know who is guilty?

The OP has registered as a new member of ScubaBoard, posted his incident in the correct forum and asked a few questions, got flamed over and over and over again to such an extend that there is only one post of him on record! What sort of welcoming is that?

This thread had thousands of views and I presume views from non-members as well. What sort of message does this "flaming, attacking and aggressive" posts convey to the public in general?

So what if the OP's questions contained the word "liable" and so what if the person asking the questions wants to know who is guilty?

The OP has registered as a new member of ScubaBoard, posted his incident in the correct forum and asked a few questions, got flamed over and over and over again to such an extend that there is only one post of him on record! What sort of welcoming is that?

This thread had thousands of views and I presume views from non-members as well. What sort of message does this "flaming, attacking and aggressive" posts convey to the public in general?

Hopefully it clearly states that the members involved here believe that a diver must be responsible for themselves and do NOT welcome those that are simply here to bad mouth business owners when it is unwarranted. Many people come on here with legitimate compaints that are handles "nicely". When it appears clear that an ulterior motive is at work people tend to become intolerant. It is not uncommon for people to post their story wanting a shoulder to cry on, but seem upset when they get corrected instead.

Here the OP implied that the charter had done something wrong and made it clear that THEY (they OP) accepted zero fault in the happenings. That was their mistake (at least for me). They did not want questions answered. They wanted to form a mob with ScubaBoard supporters IMO.

I think that most of the posts here were non-flame posts that are simply being over-dramatized because they went against the OP. Any post which you feel was a FLAME post, please do the responsible thing and click the
report.gif
button. The SB staff will ensure that they are removed if they go against the TOS.

I hope you have learned your lesson - and never step foot on a boat again.

Good luck!
ND

Holy F- I think this is the first post EVER where I agree with this guy . . .

Steve, Why did you not point me at this thread earlier!!! Stupid :surrender: guys. . .

Holy F- I think this is the first post EVER where I agree with this guy . . .

Steve, Why did you not point me at this thread earlier!!! Stupid :surrender: guys. . .

Sorry LB....I guess I am off my game....what with being :surrender: and all :rofl3:. But I am also surprised that you did not agree with his thread about not drilling a 1/4" hole in your finger. I would not want to meet the person that actually thins that is a good idea :D.

I think I missed the best part of this thread, seems that I missed out on receiving threatening PM's and all the :poo: flinging. . .

I gotta agree with you. There was a real pile-on. It was school-yard bullying. I agree that the OP was off-base, but the flaming was rude. It was pathetic.

Where is the waaaambulance
Posted via Mobile Device

I gotta agree with you. There was a real pile-on. It was school-yard bullying. I agree that the OP was off-base, but the flaming was rude. It was pathetic.

Look at the picture the OP paints with his description and ask yourself what agenda he is trying to push. Ok, maybe the wording was bad, and by liable he meant "could they have done something different that would have possibly kept me from hurting myself". But instead he makes one post, then doesn't have the stones to come back and clarify his position. And Liable means Liable. I'm personally tired of everything being someone else's fault. Sucks that he fell and got hurt, but I'm at a loss to see why he should be rewarded for it. Maybe I've been in So Cal too long, but enough is enough.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom