Falling Rock July 4th Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Planning, planning, planning, you noticed Paula came prepared! She was not out there
in a drysuit! Now if your going to pee in a 7mm in warm water your going to melt down! Wish I could make it to BS this next weekend, but I'll be at Joe's again, maybe
in my swim trunks, we'll see. I'm off on vacation this next week and I'll get those cd's
burned and mailed out. If I find some time I'll update my website again.

Unfortunately, I don't have any other suit except 7 mm. 7mm is all year around in my area. I think dry suit would be better than 7 mm at Joe's last weekend if we didn't wear any undi.

I've gone to layering. I've got a 7mm which I usually don't wear. Then I have a
3.2 shorty and 2-3.2 fulls. I can mix and match for temps, this time of year I
wear the shorty under 1 full, or I can use 2 full wetsuits. Once I wore the shorty
under 2 full suits. I then have my cold water 6.5 gloves and hood or my 3mm
gloves and a beanie cap. Throw em all in the car for a trip and I'm ready to go!

I am going to try and do BS this weekend but I am doing France next with ber rabitt. Hope to see some of you up there

crpntr133:
It looks like I survived the weekend at Joe's so my gear won't be bronzed. I was going to will someone my compass but I am not sure who it would have been, Chris or Penny.
:D Probably me..........but what kind of nutty divers let a diver without a compass lead???? :rofl: Suckers.......

crpntr133:
I think most of us in the group ended up with 4 or 5 dives in..including a 75 minute night dive:D Has anybody seen the Princess or is she still lost? Oh, wait a minute she informed me that I was lost. :D
Yes YOU were lost......MJ was with me......WT was by himself, and so were you.........We'll have to work you that technique for you to lead the dive when the Princess is out in front. :D (Sorry about that!!!!)
I didn't feel like a long dive this morning so I did a shallow solo dive and had a meet and greet with the infamous HUGE catfish that hangs out at Pebble Beach. I think I can find that slab again.
Paula and I did a marvelous shallow dive that ringed the quarry. Perfect way to survey my kingdom. :madamy: Awesome dive, we stayed above the thermacline and got to play with the fishies. I'm really going to need another wetsuit. I had my choice between a 3mil or suiting up in the drysuit in 90 degree heat!!! (I have a men's 7 mil but DMP has it right now.....his decided to go visit relatives...and, well, it doesn't quite conform to the Princesses dimensions.......:wink:)

I must thank my loyal Quasimodo(Wally....crpntr133....you have waaaay too many aliases) for his ever attentive services. Her majesty truly enjoyed her weekend. Whilst Quasi was doing his shallow dive, Lady Paula and I were attended by the adorable footman, and possible Prince Charming, Brett, who snorkeled above us and waved enthusiastically every time we rolled over to check on him. I had no idea you could grin from ear to ear with a snorkel in your mouth without drowning. Apparently, Brett can. Seems that we may have brainwashed yet another Scubaholic-in-the-making.

I must apologize for my absence. I was out surveying new lands and potential new subjects for expanding my dominion. :D (I interviewed in Naples, FL for 3 days!!!) It went well. But we will need to see what happens from here. They may find someone local. They wouldn't have any relocation expenses that way. And you must know that relocating a Princess requires LOTS of luggage and that's just for her shoes. (Seems the dive gear is still a bit lacking......compass.......)

Ok new page......

hoosier:
Thanks for your participation. We (Hoosier & M.J.) also had a great time last Saturday. Land Locked (Chris) gave a warm reception to our KOMI members. It was our honor to serve our Ohio Princess (pennypue). Crpntr133 (Wally) was an excellent jobs for taking care of all events. diver_Paula brought a great Magaritas from Michigan. It was so hard for me to leave behind all new friends last Saturday. You can’t believe that it only took 2 hrs (oops! 95 MPH drive) to get back home early Sunday morning. I hope we can see all this coming Labor Day's Weekend again.

P.S. Today is M.J's B-day!!!
Hoosier, it was truly a pleasure to meet you and MJ. Glad you both made it back 'safely'. :)

And a Happy Belated Birthday to MJ too!!!!

Chris, AWESOME story. I was giggling my royal butt off!!! Fortunately, I have plenty to spare. :wink: And the pic of KOMI is awesome. I'll have to get to work on a pic of him ripping off a diver's ear.......
crpntr133:
I do agree that @ 20' it was tropical diving, 80. Of course the Princess wouldn't dive any deeper than that since you go below the thermocline..she is delicate..
And FRAGILE, don't forget FRAGILE!!!!
crpntr133:
For Sundays solo dive for me I wore hood, gloves, booties and trunks and was warm as long as I didn't go below he thermo. Even then it wasn't bad for a short time.
You were looking more like Sir Lancelot than Quasimodo!!!! Only wish I'd had my camera!!!

I have it back now that the young Princess HRH Jessica has returned from her trek to the Far East. She spent two weeks in Japan and had a terrific time. She did manage to even leave a young man behind totally bereft and in tears!!! (Two year old from her home stay did NOT want her to go.:) That's my girl....)

Now I must apologize for flipping the switch on the pump for my air mattress. You know what peas do to us Princesses, image sleeping on ROCKS on a deflated mattress!!! :11:

Now where will I dive next????? Hmmmmm....................

How about BS on labor day??? Or france Park aweek from Sat/Sun OR I am doing some BS in the morning.

Seems I'll be waltzing off to Joe's again after my manicure. :dance:

pennypue:
Hoosier, it was truly a pleasure to meet you and MJ. Glad you both made it back 'safely'. :)

And a Happy Belated Birthday to MJ too!!!!
Now where will I dive next????? Hmmmmm....................

Pue,
Thanks for your kind words.
How was interview in FL?

I am sure your daughter had a wonderful time in Japan. Based on my experience, it was a good oppotunity to know other culture and people, specially in a colleage year, because it extends my viewpoint and thought. So, you don't need Japan time on your new Times watch anymore. Do you want to set up Cozemel time this time? :wink:

Hey buy a good condo at Cozemel. I will buy a good one at CA.:D

BTW, I will be at BS tomorrow morning. Please let me know if anyone can join in.

I will be there around 8

hoosier:
Pue,
Thanks for your kind words.
How was interview in FL?

I am sure your daughter had a wonderful time in Japan. Based on my experience, it was a good oppotunity to know other culture and people, specially in a colleage year, because it extends my viewpoint and thought. So, you don't need Japan time on your new Times watch anymore. Do you want to set up Cozemel time this time? :wink:

Hey buy a good condo at Cozemel. I will buy a good one at CA.:D

BTW, I will be at BS tomorrow morning. Please let me know if anyone can join in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom