Falling Rock July 4th Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello all!

Would a Great Lakes Wrecking Crew member be welcome down your way? I'm hoping so. :)

I've done some searched on the great wide web but do have some questions. Wanna try to help?

1) Who will be there on Saturday?
2) Is there a way to find the KPP divers - a banner, t-shirt or something?
3) Air fills - I hear there is no compresser on site. True? How far would I have to go to get fills?
4) Anything I need to know that is different than most quarries?

Paula

Paula,

We can say that Chris is a host for this gathering.

1. At least, I will be there with my buddy and crpntr133
2. You can’t miss because we are all looking around each other:wink:
3. There will be a dive shop that opens during the weekend, Paradise divers.
4. It is the first time, so I can’t help you that much.

Chris post:
O.K. Now here is the deal, talked with Joe to see if he will be open
July 4th. For you travelers he said he would make you a deal, $36.00
for the weekend, camping and diving, Sat through Mon! There is a dive
shop, Paradise divers, down the road available for refills both Sat and Sun.
http://www.paradisediver.com/contact.asp

diver_paula:
Hello all!
Would a Great Lakes Wrecking Crew member be welcome down your way? I'm hoping so. :)

I've done some searched on the great wide web but do have some questions. Wanna try to help?

3) Air fills - I hear there is no compresser on site. True? How far would I have to go to get fills?

Paula

Hey, hey Paula..bet you never heard that one before :D. I am planning on all weekend, camping out and diving. I just PM'd Penny Pue, aka Princess, to see what her plans are. I doubt that she will come alone.

I hope that they will allow a Midwest Muck Diver to dive at Joe's or Hoosier and I are both screwed. I will wear my Midwest Muck Divers shirt so if all else fails you can look for me and we all can go from there. I will be driving a red Dodge 1500.
Good thing that I am driving a truck, load everybodies tanks up and take them in town for a refill.

Nope I've NEVER heard that one before! LOL What's your name btw - something with an associated song? (I saw a post recently about a flatulent dog and a kid's book but I can't remember your actual name! LOL)

Are you getting there on Friday night or Sat day? I was considering getting there Friday but don't think I can get my tent up alone. Also, was thinking I'd try to borrow more tanks if fills weren't readily available.

The princess will be in attendance - that's who I made my plans with and will be meeting up with. Been too long since we dove together let alone entertained around a fire together. Who's bringing the wood anyway?

I'll be driving a red Ford Escape. The one with the Michigan plates.

Paula

diver_paula:
Nope I've NEVER heard that one before! LOL What's your name btw - something with an associated song? (I saw a post recently about a flatulent dog and a kid's book but I can't remember your actual name! LOL)

Are you getting there on Friday night or Sat day? I was considering getting there Friday but don't think I can get my tent up alone. Also, was thinking I'd try to borrow more tanks if fills weren't readily available.

The princess will be in attendance - that's who I made my plans with and will be meeting up with. Been too long since we dove together let alone entertained around a fire together. Who's bringing the wood anyway?

I'll be driving a red Ford Escape. The one with the Michigan plates.

Paula

Oh Lord, yep you remembered "Walter the Farting Dog." My birth name is Walter but I go by Wally. In highschool it was Wally Gator from the cartoons. Call me what you want, after 16 years of construction work I have been called just about everything.

I am planning on Saturday around noonish, maybe a bit earlier.

Air fills are for sure not available onsite. How far the LDS is, we will have to wait to find out. I am going to rent two tanks. Figured two dives and go fill, repeat till fully narced. I might do three tanks

Glad to hear that the Princess will be blessing us with her presence. I think she said something in another thread that she would bring the wood.

diver_paula:
Hello all!

Paula

Sure your welcome, coming south for some warm water diving?
icon14.gif

I've got to work Sat,
icon_cry.gif
, but I'm meeting up with some divers Sun!
The dive shop is around 15 miles down the road from the quarry, I'm
sure another local will be glad to show you the way.
See you Sun!

I am planning on trying to get a weekend together for Labor day weekend up at BS will have to see what we can get Rick to do as far as price.I am waiting to hear all the stories about HRH and madam Paula :eyebrow: :eyebrow: That is trouble waiting to happen, I will be watching the news for the police reports!!!

From what I hear you need to worry about the Princess!!

I will keep BS on Labor day on the list but doubt that I will make it since that Friday is my birthday.

I plan to send out a long waiting email list for KY, OH, MI, and IN (KOMI) divers. Please PM me if anyone puts an email address into the list. This is a last call before sending out the first email 

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom