Falling Rock this weekend...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MellowD

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So, I'm BRAND new (6 dives), and I want to dive more so I can get practice with buoyancy control, weighting, etc...and because I'm hooked on diving. However, I don't have a "dive buddy" at present...this presents an obvious problem. Being so new, I don't know if I'm ready for solo diving just yet. Are you guys down with new/unskilled (as of right now) divers tagging along and picking up knowledge? Or, is Falling Rock harmless enough that I could dive by myself...and does Joe even permit solo diving?

Dude, you are not ready for solo, besides Joe frowns on it. Don't even
consider it till you've had a s*load of dives out there. No diving is harmless.
I'm planning on going down to Cumberland Sunday, but if you want to
get a dive or two Saturday I'd be happy to help you out and show you
around!

Land Locked:
Dude, you are not ready for solo,

That's kinda what I was getting at. I keep forgetting that message boards don't really allow for sarcasm.

Thank you, though. I may take you up on that.

MellowD:
Or, is Falling Rock harmless enough that I could dive by myself...and does Joe even permit solo diving?
:no

I've been diving at Joe's for 7 years, I do not personally know of any diving
injuries during that time other than the vicious Piranha Gill attacks.
I've been bloodied more than once! :D

For sarcasm, use the ScubaBoard emoticons, they are your friends! :wink:

What do you say about 10-11 Saturday morning? Let me know, I've got to
figure how many tanks to fill for the weekend.

MellowD,
I will be down at Joe's on Sunday with an AOW student-One of the three old goats:D , he will be spending some time working on refining bouyancy control. You are welcome to join us. He has a navigation dive and a search and light salvage dive to put together and conduct. You could sit in on that as well.

jbd:
MellowD,
I will be down at Joe's on Sunday with an AOW student-One of the three old goats:D , he will be spending some time working on refining bouyancy control. You are welcome to join us. He has a navigation dive and a search and light salvage dive to put together and conduct. You could sit in on that as well.

I'd love to sit in on that 110' dive John has planned, I hope he took my advice
and figured the pressure groups in with the gas planning! You guy's have a great time!

The first UW/Golf hole is complete including the flag, now we just have to do some
testing for the course! :D I expect we will have a 9 hole course at Joe's next year!

I'm kind of counting on you to be available for when he does the deep dive for real Which is a few weeks off yet on the schedule. We will most likely head to Laurel lake for that. So far John is just working on the planning part of a deep dive.

Count me in! I've always wanted to dive down at Laurel Lake.
Is this going to be a multi-level dive plan using sacr?

It better include such planning or we will be doing it over again.:D The dive itself just might include an issue or two:eyebrow:

Hear that John? Mess up, we get to do it again! Come to think of it, it has
been years for me, computer lazy, I'm off to hit the books!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom