Family Fun: dive vacation with children

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My son did his OW at 10. We went to Bonaire after that, but I would really consider taking a 10 yr old to Bonaire, and introducing him or her to snorkeling and diving. Great (easy ) place to start, and your child could easily become certified while you are there. Many resorts there offer OW courses, and you could be diving while your child is in class, and then dive with them after they are certified.

The diving on Bonaire is spectacular, the shore entries are mostly very easy, and you could share your love of the sport with your child, as they first discover the beauty of the reef for them self!

My son did his OW at 10. We went to Bonaire after that, but I would really consider taking a 10 yr old to Bonaire, and introducing him or her to snorkeling and diving. Great (easy ) place to start, and your child could easily become certified while you are there. Many resorts there offer OW courses, and you could be diving while your child is in class, and then dive with them after they are certified.

The diving on Bonaire is spectacular, the shore entries are mostly very easy, and you could share your love of the sport with your child, as they first discover the beauty of the reef for them self!

I agree with Jim.

My kids enjoy Bonaire (and I kind of like it myself)!

I have 2 kids that I got certified each at age 10. They are now 14 and 12. I've taken them to Bonaire 3 times and they have loved it (as have their parents). If you are comfortable organizing your own dives (from the shore), this is a fantastic family dive vacation.

Diving with the kids is a wonderful family activity. We are planning Christmas in South Florida (diving Jupiter), spring break either in Cozumel or the Bahamas (Blackbeards) and Roatan this summer. I wish I had been one of my kids when I was a kid!

We always enjoy our diving trips with children 11 and 15 years old - indeed they are now avid divers.
However before they're certified, they happy with snorkeling or ocean bubble maker.
Then they became very comfortable with water and had no problem at all to get them certified.
The nice thing in my region - hiring private guide is relatively inexpensive.

They have blogs - just click the link below my signature. I know many of their friend become divers after they read these blog.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom