June/July Dive & Family vacay Suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NewScubaDude

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
We’re looking to take our 8 & 12 y/o boys on vacation this summer and would love recommendations. Wife and I have ~25 dives, and our 12 y/o might get certified and come for some of the dives. We love the Caribbean, Hawaii, and Mexico, but not sure where to zero in on. We also worry about weather that time of year. Kids can’t go till school is out though…

Of course we’d like amazing diving experiences, decent weather with limited risks of weather related cancellations, activities in the area to enjoy during non-dive time, sensible travel options from west coast, and for it to all be affordable.

Thanks!!

It will be hurricane season in the Caribbean, so keep that in mind. I'd go to Grand Cayman. Hot weather there equals cheaper hotel prices.

Puerto Rico is an easy-access area to go for US Divers, and June is a great dive month! July will start to get a bit more rainy, but the mornings/early afternoons are usually clear .

Rincon is a great family area - tons of restaurants, 2 dive shops, easy day trips to both Parguera and Aguadilla for other dive shops, and a lot of things to do (great beaches/snorkeling, too.)

We moved here because of all of this and really enjoy our experiences here. PM me if you decide PR might be considered and have any questions!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom