Fatal Diving Accident June 22, 2022 (Kailua-Kona)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

craigda

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was on Jack's manta two-tank (afternoon/evening) charter on June 22, 2022 when the crew from Jack's boat rescued a diver in distress from another boat in the area. The boat crew did CPR and gave oxygen all the way back to Honokohau Harbor, where the diver was taken to a higher level of care by EMS. The crew acted in a highly professional manner and did everything I believe they reasonably could have.

I was told a few days later by office staff at Jack's that the diver did not make it, but they did not know anything further. (Having been there when he was pulled from the water and on the return trip, I was not surprised.)

Strangely, I have been unable to find any mention of this incident in Island media sources. I confess it's a little unsettling to have been so close to an incident that led to the loss of a man's life and not know anything about it. Does anyone here know anything about what happened, or have come across a news story about it?

Back
Top Bottom