Father's Day Score!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jhmoore143

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Got the manual, log book and RDP for Fathers Day. Wife and Kids signed me up to start on July 6th (the week after we get back from a Caribbean Cruise). . .Next cruise (or Sandals) will include a dive trip (maybe a shark dive with Stuart Cove. . .)

Congrats on getting signed up to learn to dive. Now you need to get your wife signed up too, if she isn't already as well as your kids if they are old enough to dive. It is a great family activity, although it does get exponentially more expensive the more that are diving. Trust me I know with a wife and 4 kids who all dive.

I did the discover with my wife. She had what the instructor is calling a reverse block due to pressure in her ears that she couldnt clear for a couple of days. While we are in the Bahamas, we will be snorkeling, so I am hoping that her seeing the undersea world will convince her that she "needs to see more of it". . .

The kids, one (16) not expressed one way or the other any interest at all. The other (19 next Friday) has the mentality of "if I wanted to swim, I would have joined the Navy" (He is Army ROTC). . .I told him he can earn college credits for certification(s), but that didnt even peak his interest. . .

Congrats! Spend a ton of time reading this board...preferably while at work. :)

And seriously, don't buy any gear before you rent, try stuff out, and ask on this board. There is a wealth of information here that will help you not do what most new divers do: go out all excited and spend a ton of money on stuff they will regret sooner rather than later.

You are going to LOVE it!

Awesome gift. I actually just certified my dad for fathers day. It gave us a great reason to spend some time together in the short stint I was back at home. It was also a memory that will stay with me forever. Its good to hear diving can bring the family together and give you a good excuse to take a vacation. Have fun and hopefuly you get to do that dive with Stuart Cove. You'll love the experience of swiming with sharks.

Back
Top Bottom