Favorite Dive Shops in Austin, Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well since the thread was revived, and since I never voted.

My favorite is Scubaland (3 stores N, S, W), 5 star IDC, great staff, lots of instructors, lots of old timers, great yahoo page ...

But I will also say that since I started diving again I've been impressed with Toms and Oak Hill. Very friendly and I've personally witnessed their strong support for local Dive teams and organizations. Thanks Warren, Mike, and Mack.

Then (not really a dive shop) my favorite scuba place is Barstow's. If we ever loose that park to "Progress" I think we will all miss it very much.

Since I mentioned Barstows I have to give props to Aquarina. Very nice friendly staff there too.

Since I mentioned Barstows and Aquarina I can't leave out Gulf Coast Diving. Love that operation. Wish my trip last September would have made.

When I first got certified (at Clearwater PDIC in 93), I did a boat dive with Dive World. That was very nice, but I haven't really made many connections with that shop in the last three years.

Better stop here before I start talking about my favorite shops in Spokane (Atlantis Aquatics) and Florida (American Pro Divers). Or my favorite clubs and teams. Or the great friends I've met here.

Oh crap I almost forgot my favorite message board, my favorite dive shirts, my favorite....

Last edited:
What's the problem with an "old thread" being revived?? Nobody is forcing you to click on the thread and read it. :sigh:

My LDS recently closed down and I'm looking for a new shop to do business with. This thread has been very helpful. Thanks for everybodys input (old and new).

I like the Scubaland lake store. John Lindsey is a really nice guy who goes out of his way to make sure a customer is happy. I've never done business with Oak Hill (too far south), but Mack is a heck of a nice guy also.

I thought I'd bump this...

Myself and several Aggie divers are invading Austin next weekend for a weekend out at Mansfield Dam.

I was wondering, where are the closest dive shops to Mansfield, and how much are their air fills (and also their shop hours). We're looking at 2 dives on Friday and 3-4 on Saturday, and would be doing tank fill runs in between.

Thanks,

Aggie Diver

I hope you had better visibility than Zinc and I had today at Mansfield. :rofl3:

Shawn O'Shea

I hope you had better visibility than Zinc and I had today at Mansfield. :rofl3:

Shawn O'Shea

Amazing how much difference a few (hundred) weeks can make.:eyebrow:

never mind

Last edited:
George (owner of Clearwater Divers) is in town, I spoke with him earlier this week. I plan on visiting with him before he heads back to Honduras.

I would recommend Tom's Dive Shop to anyone in the Austin area. Just don't tell them I sent you or they might charge you double. :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom