Favorite Dive Sites / Where you want to dive in the future?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alright, so I've compiled some of the favorite sites that were mentioned previously. I'm breaking them up by area....feel free to add more (maybe some that I missed, maybe some that weren't mentioned) and let's make it a point to dive as many as we can in the upcoming months.

Malibu
Leo Carillo (Little Cove)
Nicholas Canyon
Point Dume
G-city
Deer Creek

Palos Verde
Malaga
Christmas Tree Cove
Marineland
White Point

Laguna Beach
Deadman's / Crescent Bay
Shaw's Cove
Moss Street

That's a solid list, nice work. Out of that here's what I have yet to hit up and would like to in the near future.

Palos Verde
Malaga
Christmas Tree Cove
White Point

Laguna Beach
Moss Street

BTW Malibu is really easy for me to get to so I'm always game for that, I've seriously neglected PV in my short diving career and after doing OML yesterday I'm sold.

Billy

How come your profile says you're not certified? I know you've logged some dives....you should fill that in! :wink:

Out of the above list, I've done Leo Carillo and Malaga for a combined time of maybe 11 minutes (chocolate milk = bad visibility)....White Point (one of my favorite sites, even toughed it out and did a night dive there!), Crescent Bay, and Shaw's....that means I have a lot left to do, and I can't wait! :D

I have a new favorite spot, Long Point at OML. The only bad thing is it's not doable as offend as most of the other sites & is a rough entry & most times you have to exit at cobble beach which is a long swim unless you get conditions like we did this weekend & you get to enter & exit at the point which is rare.

John

If I have to choose only one favorite, it would be Crescent (east and west sides count as one site!). Not only great underwater sights, but easy in-n-outs most of the time, bathroom and shower, relatively easy access though the parking can be problematical in the warmer months.

White Point is a recent discovery for me (how could we have missed diving this place for so long?).

For those interested in diving the less accessible PV sites, I highly recommend a six-pack out of King Harbor. Christmas Tree Cove is a fabulous site to dive from a boat.

White Point is a recent discovery for me (how could we have missed diving this place for so long?).

Probably cause all the sites and books that talk about dive sites seem to think the only thing of interest at White Point is the hot water vents in the sand....they never mention the rocky structure, kelp, and abundance of marine life. I have no idea why, but it seems to be regarded as the red-headed stepchild of socal shore diving!

For those interested in diving the less accessible PV sites, I highly recommend a six-pack out of King Harbor. Christmas Tree Cove is a fabulous site to dive from a boat.

Hmmm, never thought of doing that. Which boats go out to PV area? I guess I assumed everyone went to Catalina....hehe. I'll do a little searching on my own as well...

Hmmm, never thought of doing that. Which boats go out to PV area? I guess I assumed everyone went to Catalina....hehe. I'll do a little searching on my own as well...

The Sea Bass goes there and pumps Nitrox, Yay! Maybe we can setup a BC inshore day, that would be really cool!

Billy

The Sea Bass goes there and pumps Nitrox, Yay! Maybe we can setup a BC inshore day, that would be really cool!

Billy

I'd be up for that.

Back
Top Bottom