Favorite Diving Foods

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Breakfast: A bowl of Oatmeal and some scrambled eggs or an omelet.

Lunch/SI: Bagette (usually with salami or turkey, cheese, and lettuce) a salad and lots of water

Dinner: Steak, beer, and usually a shot or two of something a little stronger than beer.

Pre dive- a bagel with cream cheese and a couple gallons of coffee.
SI- a sammich, beef jerkey and maybe a nanner or two.
Post dive- beer, some wings, beer, maybe nachos, and beer.

I guess it depends upon the time of day and the depth of the dive. I try to avoid gas forming foods and choose foods high in energy. If I have an opportunity between dives, I always try to munch on Almonds or Cashews. I also enjoy a beer after a dive, but again this depends upon the type of dive I was doing. Sometimes I have single malt scotch (no carbonation) or have to abstain. :)

a sammich...and maybe a nanner or two.
Is that what a 4-year old asks for when he wants a sandwich and a banana?

Is that what a 4-year old asks for when he wants a sandwich and a banana?
Actually I have a 5 year old and yes this is what she says.
I'm sorry of you were offended by my usage.

Pre:

Coffee. It's morning. And I don't have a drysuit, so I'm free to pee. Something else light.

In-Between:

Bananas, unless you're going on a boat captained by a superstitious person. They're considered bad luck.

Raw scallops you just caught!

Breakfast: usually nothing except water
SI: Pineapple or crackers, lots o' water
After: "I like mine with lettuce and tomato, Heinz 57 and french fried potato, big kosher pickle and a cold draft beer"......you know the rest.

def not pizza. on my OW dives I learned that the hard way. I got indigestion so bad near the end that I couldn't complete my CESA until the next day and I called the dive. I felt like I couldn't breathe at all. From now on nothing but good healthy stuff pre-dive and on SI's

Nachos! A great big heap of nachos with extra cheese, guacamole, salsa, sour cream, and jalapenos at the local watering hole post-dive with good buddies...iced tea or a light beer...mmm mmm!

Before: Breafast - Cereal or Egg and Sausage or bacon sandwhich and a Bannana

SI/Lunch - If op is providing some thing (Hot Dogs on the Oriskany) or livaboard - Chocolate chip cookies! then sandwhich

Dinner - Beer, and Stuff every night different. Ribs at Rib shack in Bonaire, Fajitas in Curacao, Big burger elsewhere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom