Favorite restaurants in Cozumel???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So back to topic.... Will someone confirm that Del Sur is still open? I'm dreaming about a cold beer and a plateful of varied delicious bites.....

del sur.jpg

I will too, at least in May it was open

Lots of good suggestions here, but La Perlita is winner...hands down for OTBP. I was skeptical to try lionfish and glad I did, very delicious. It did take us 45 mins to find the place from El Cid, couldn't read the street signs(if there were any) at night. Almost took out 7 mopeds along the way :rofl3:

Not off the beaten path

Now, if you want to drop some dinero, PePe's is excellent. The tableside Caesar salad might be the best I have ever had. Pass on the bone-in prime-rib though, didn't seem slow cooked to me but the filet was outstanding.

Two other places worth mentioning:

1. Albertos - the grouper was fresh and very good

2. Jeanies Jeanies(right across from Mega) - locals refer to it as some old waffle house, used to be breakfast/lunch only. Well, I have tried lobster all over the island and theirs is the absolute best IMO....try the tail cooked in ginger and coconut. The staff are very attentive and friendly and will do special orders if need be.

Whatever paths you choose, stay away from the hotels food....overpriced and nothing special. The best street tacos(no telling what meat) I ever had was cooked over a hibachi in some guys Honda Accord's trunk....wish I could find that guy again :D

Not off the beaten path

Now, if you want to drop some dinero, PePe's is excellent. The tableside Caesar salad might be the best I have ever had. Pass on the bone-in prime-rib though, didn't seem slow cooked to me but the filet was outstanding.
:D

PePe's changed last year. It was one of our have to's. We were very dissapointed. Not going back this week.

PePe's changed last year. It was one of our have to's. We were very dissapointed. Not going back this week.

This was my first time to eat there(3 weeks ago) after 30 or so trips to Cozumel. I thought it was great, must have been outstanding before they changed. The Caeser salad and crepes Suzette will be enough to get me back :)

Thanks to this thread we have new favorites. El Coctelito was great for lunch. Camaron Momia. - that's all you have to know. Butterflied shrimp, stuffed w cheese and wrapped in bacon.

The wifi at Otates NEVER seems to work anymore. I used to get the 'you didn't pay cablemas' but now nothing.

Been there twice this week. WIFI worked fine both trips.

Back
Top Bottom