February in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK - so we have now had to cancel our trip entirely. After heading to a non-local airport this morning at 3:30 am to make our re-scheduled flight we were told at our scheduled flight time of 7:00 am that the crew of the plane had gotten in late from a flight last night, and that due to FAA crew rest regulations, the plane could not fly until 8:45 am. Of course, this would not get us to our connection in Atlanta in time, nor could any alternate flight to Atlanta be found, nor could any combination of flights to Cozumel be put together prior to 2/16 at midnight. Even Cancun as an option was unavailable today. Meanwhile I'm out over $200 in carfare (back and forth) to get to a flight that should have been shown as delayed last night, not to mention the money lost on the hotel, etc.

Thank you soooo much Delta for not informing your passengers of an inevitable delay until flight time. I hope everyone enjoys Carnival, and we will have to try to rebook for next year :(

Now that's a kick in the groin. Better luck next time.

Thank you Deborah. Yes, finally feeling better. Started getting sick a couple days before leaving, and it just continued to build up. Today feeling much better, in fact good enough to dive Maricaibo. Will make sure to feel better next year!!

OK - so we have now had to cancel our trip entirely. After heading to a non-local airport this morning at 3:30 am to make our re-scheduled flight we were told at our scheduled flight time of 7:00 am that the crew of the plane had gotten in late from a flight last night, and that due to FAA crew rest regulations, the plane could not fly until 8:45 am. Of course, this would not get us to our connection in Atlanta in time, nor could any alternate flight to Atlanta be found, nor could any combination of flights to Cozumel be put together prior to 2/16 at midnight. Even Cancun as an option was unavailable today. Meanwhile I'm out over $200 in carfare (back and forth) to get to a flight that should have been shown as delayed last night, not to mention the money lost on the hotel, etc.

Thank you soooo much Delta for not informing your passengers of an inevitable delay until flight time. I hope everyone enjoys Carnival, and we will have to try to rebook for next year :(

Can you rebook a different week? Carnival is nice but a week in Cozumel is hard to delay an entire year!
I would complain to Delta, they should have notified you prior to you leaving your home in NJ. Perhaps you can get some of your loss covered by some sort of credit for a future flight. I would try the squeaky wheel method!
I live about 10 minutes for Stewart, I was happy to hear it may now be possible to fly to Cozumel from so close to home. The 7AM flight must be fairly new, I thought the only flight to ATL was in the afternoon.
I am flying Delta from LGA in the morning, hope all goes well.
Get to Cozumel soon!

Can you rebook a different week? Carnival is nice but a week in Cozumel is hard to delay an entire year!
I would complain to Delta, they should have notified you prior to you leaving your home in NJ. Perhaps you can get some of your loss covered by some sort of credit for a future flight. I would try the squeaky wheel method!
I live about 10 minutes for Stewart, I was happy to hear it may now be possible to fly to Cozumel from so close to home. The 7AM flight must be fairly new, I thought the only flight to ATL was in the afternoon.
I am flying Delta from LGA in the morning, hope all goes well.
Get to Cozumel soon!

Delta has of course refunded the airfare, and I have a complaint pending about the late notification, so we will see. The flight showed on time online right up to the time we left home, and until flight time on the airport screen. I've yet to confirm what I've lost on the hotel (Palace, booked and paid for 8 nights), but i think it is limited to two nights. I hope your plans go off without a hitch - have a great time!

Not to worry - we have to put off rebooking Coz to next year only because our remaining time slots for vacation in 2010 are already filled. We are heading to Puerto Adventuras with another family the last week of March where we will be taking the cavern course in the cenotes, and in August spending 8 nights at the Little Cayman Beach Resort. Not long to wait for another great trip, with still another on the horizon for the summer, but no opportunity to rebook Coz for now. I'll simply plan for February next year, and focus on our upcoming dives in the cenotes and on Bloody Bay wall. And, of course seethe with frustration for a few days and be a very squeaky wheel, lol. I may also consider avoiding Atlanta and Delta next time, and trying Continental connecting through Texas (don't recall offhand if it is Dallas or Houston).

Safe diving, and enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom