Feedback - Nautilus Explorer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rutger

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Has anyone been on, and got any feedback, about their "Circumnavigate Vancouver Island" trip? They don't do it too often, if fact the next one is not until 2011. It seems like a great concept, but there is next to no information out there on the company or the trip. Thanks in advance.

I've never done a trip with the Nautilus Explorer but I know several people who have (inside straight trip, I believe) and the reviews I've heard about the company are overwhelmingly positive. Do a youtube search for "nautilus explorer" to find some good promotional videos.

Are they really doing this trip in 2011? I would really like to do it, and I was on their website just a few days ago, and saw nothing in BC listed for 2011 or 2012.

The boat is top notch. The skipper can come across as the black hole of fun (into which all joy and mirth disappear into forever) at times.

Hi Rutger, I work for the Nautilus Explorer and thought I'd let you know the low-down. We are touring in the Pacific North West next in 2011 and then in 2013 (every two years now). We will be doing several trips in Alaska each year, two of which include visiting dive sites around Vancouver Island (Browning Wall, Butdale and the Transpac). We are not doing any circumnavs for the forseeable future. If you want more information on Alaska/BC, upcoming trips, specials etc... feel free to email me dan@nautilusexplorer.com. Cheers.

I did the circumnavation trip a few years ago. The boat and crew were both awsome at the time. It's too bad that they aren't doing it anymore - the best dive I've ever done was off the north west coast of the island on that trip. I would recommend the Nautilus Explorer.

Thanks for the information! I will e-mail Dan. After our trip to Port Hardy this spring, we both vowed that we would come back and do more such diving, and we had heard rumors that the NE was coming back. Good to know!

I've done 4 trips on the Nautilus Explorer and they've all been great! (And we're planning to do another Alaska trip in July 2011.) We did the Circumnavigate Vancouver Island trip in June 2008. We encountered some bad weather on the outside of the island and had to shelter in Quatsino Sound to hide out the storm. Gave us the opportunity to try some new dive sites but then they had to make some adjustments to the rest of the intinerary... All worked out well.

It's a top-notch dive operation with great food and a great crew. Capt Mike can be a little intense but we felt very comfortable with him in charge. I would definitely recommend them.

I did that trip in 2002 or so.

Great trip. The boat is set up well for diving. The land tours are pretty astonishing as well.

Good food.

You will have a great time.

hi Dan, thanks for the current information.

My post was based on my most recent correspondence with Judith at the end of February. She informed me that you guys were returning to the PNW in 2011 and there was currently a waiting list for the circumnavigation trip, to which I had requested my name be added.

If there is no trip planned in '011, then please keep my name on the list and advise well in advance when you do plan one.

Thanks.

Hi Rutger, I work for the Nautilus Explorer and thought I'd let you know the low-down. We are touring in the Pacific North West next in 2011 and then in 2013 (every two years now). We will be doing several trips in Alaska each year, two of which include visiting dive sites around Vancouver Island (Browning Wall, Butdale and the Transpac). We are not doing any circumnavs for the forseeable future. If you want more information on Alaska/BC, upcoming trips, specials etc... feel free to email me dan@nautilusexplorer.com. Cheers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom