feelings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wendy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Why is it that the people that are nice and will do anything for people are the ones that get stepped on and hurt time and time again? Sometimes I think being selfish and cold is the better way to go, at least I won't be hurt in the end.

I have to agree with you there... thats always the way it works.... sorry to hear you got "stepped on".

Kayla

I was having lunch with a couple of friends today and we were discussing the same thing. Seems like the greedy/selfish people always win. I believe in what comes around goes around. Those people eventually get their due and usually they are unhappy people. At least that is what I tell myself to make me feel better. :) I try to keep true to myself and continue being the person with values that my parents raised me to be. I try not to stay angry for to long because I think it is a waste of energy. What good does it do anyone? Just realize you're better off without those kind of people in your life.

Are we talking about a guy by any chance?

Sorry you got stepped on, it hurts even more when its someone you consider a friend.

Suthnbelle
Its not just guys that do this. I had a GF tell me I was a nice guy BUT nice guys never win. I should have listened to her, it hurt bad.

Wendy:
Why is it that the people that are nice and will do anything for people are the ones that get stepped on and hurt time and time again? Sometimes I think being selfish and cold is the better way to go, at least I won't be hurt in the end.

Oh Wendy, just go on being nice, and God will look down from his Heaven and watch over you.

Have a great holiday weekend!

I don't believe 'selfish and cold' is the way to go. I look at it like this - if someone hurts me now, in the end I'll get over it and generally realize in the process what flaw it was in the other person that caused them to act that way. If I harden myself up for protection by adopting a selfish and cold (or maybe cynical?) attitude then that's the person I'll become and once done I'm not sure you can ever get over that. Would I be happier like that? I don't think so.

I don't plan on building a wall, but in the future it will take an act of God for anyone to get close to me. I'll be nice and sweet and caring still, but from a distance.

Wow Wendy, it is a shame someone drove you to that. I still don't believe 2 wrongs make a right. Don't let them get you down. The world is full of self centered people but that doesn't mean we have to join them.

me getting hurt was not intential, he's a great friend and all, just a lot going on in my life and things never work out for me anyway, I think I just get my hopes up too soon about things in my life and end up setting myself up for disappointment. So please don't speak badly of my friends.

I have been used & hurt so many times, sometimes I think I would have trouble remembering all of them. It started to make me a little cold. But I think that I look at the world a little differently now, & I am learning to be a nice person without leaving myself wide open to be taken advantage of. example. About a year ago I was walking up to a restaurant when a homeless guy came up begging for money to buy something to eat. I started to tell him to get lost, then stopped myself. 75 yards away was a Checkers burger joint. I told him to wait right there, bought him a combo meal at Checkers, & brought it back to him. He was quite happy, I hadn't just handed him 5 bucks to spend on booze or crack. Point is, you can be a "nice guy" without leaving yourself wide open.

Let people into your life, just take some time letting them get really close to you.

Back
Top Bottom