Female technical divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ladies-1.jpg

Check us out! We were at Innerspace 2014 at Grand Cayman on our rebreathers and we are growing in numbers:D!!

The "smallest" girl dives the biggest unit - a Sentinel.
The other units dived by us ladies were: Poseidon, Prism II, Evolution, rEvo, Pathfinder.
A lot of these units weigh a little more than an Alu 80. What was the slogan in WWII? "We can do it". But I think it now should say "We Can Do It Too".

Claudia

One other factor. Women may be less likely to feel competent to tech dive. This is often (but not always) a bad thing. For example I think it’s less common for women to overestimate their preparedness for new and/or high risk activities.

It's common in many fields - women tend to have to be over prepared or over qualify for the same position - I don't know if that's the same in tech diving instruction?

Last edited:
View attachment 188593
Check us out! We were at Innerspace 2014 at Grand Cayman on our rebreathers and we are growing in numbers:D!!
Claudia

It looks like you had great weather. I was there the week before and waves were crashing over the dock!

Oh yeah, the surge was very manageable to dive from the dock and the weather was great overall. Sorry you missed out by one week!

One one dive off the dock, the surge was bad enough that I did my deco at 20' holding onto a rock.

So, a comparison of those rebreathers, please :)

So, a comparison of those rebreathers, please :)

A comparison? Not sure I know what you are looking for but honestly, it is very difficult to give a thorough comparison of these on a forum. It would simply require too many words. :)

If you want to get an honest and unbiased comparison, I recommend you contact the guys at AddHelium.com and/or visit their showroom. They currently have over 12 rebreathers on display and could run you through the characteristics of each of them - much better than I could.

Cheers, Claudia

A little late to this party, but i was mentioned in post above. I am full cave, ccr, full mix and have multiple dives in the 400-650ft zone. Just 3 days ago i completed another 500 foot dive on a rebreather.

Where do you live down4fun? Can you do that dives almost near your house? Here I can't sadly :(

Back
Top Bottom