Fernando de Noronha anyone ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jnontour

New
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
First post, let's see how it goes...

I plan to be in Fernando de Noronha between June 4 and June 11, 2011. Has anyone from the forum been there already ? Any hints / advice / comments with regards to dive shops, diving conditions and dive sites ? Marine life ? Accommodation ? Will anyone from the forum be there around that time ?

Cheers,

Jorge

"Any minute under water is worth millions more alive..."

Hola Jorge,

I like to stay at Pousada Solar dos Ventos in Fernando de Noronha, Brazil | Book online and dive with Atlantis Divers Google Translate.

You'll be happiest there if you are an experienced diver as there's plenty of current, deep diving and sometimes rough surface conditions. SCUBA water temps should be
in the upper 70s.

Topside you'll be in the tail of the rainy season. It will be humid with temps around daytime highs of 29C/84F and night time lows of 24C/75F.

Have a blast.

DocVikingo

Hola Doc,

Thanks a lot for your reply and for the info.

I just have a few more questions if you don't mind. When you say currents, do you mean drift diving as in Bunaken / Cozumel ? Or do you mean currents as in the Pacific side of South America (Chile, Colombia, Galapagos), which could be a pain to deal with sometimes ? Hey, I don't mind the "inside a washing machine" sensation sometimes, but I'd rather be "prepared" (mentally) for it... Do you mean choppy as with more than 20 knot winds and the dive boats not going out or mild choppy and doable ? I once had to wait over a week to do the Yongala, right after a cyclone, because of really choppy waters. Not that it got a whole lot better when we finally did it (almost got thrown off the boat a couple of times), but it's fun ride and one of the best dives ever. The waiting concerns me because I only have 10 days on Fernando and I want to dive as much as possible. Regarding deep diving, I might give the Corveta V-17 a try although I'm not too keen on wrecks unless the marine life on or around them is worth checking out (call me a "naturalist" if you will). Water temperature sounds about good. Would you recommend a 3mm or a 5mm ? What about vis ? Is it really as good as mentioned by some people ?

I will try to have a blast... I mean, I'll be diving Fernando do Noronha so... ;-)

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers.

Jorge

Hello everyone!
I was wondering if there is a decompression chamber in Noronha...I'm thinking about doing my dive master course and a 3 months internship there, but I'm not sure about the safety conditions.
Dos anybody know? I could not find the answer on the Internet.

Thanks!

Fernando de Noronha (and the Chilean kelp forests) have been on my "bucket list" for a number of years. Will be very interested in anything you have time to post after your visit there.

Hi Natalisdiving,

Last I dived there, the nearest recompression chamber was in Recife, ~300 miles to the southwest.

Regards,

DocVikingo

Hi Natalisdiving,

Last I dived there, the nearest recompression chamber was in Recife, ~300 miles to the southwest.

Regards,

DocVikingo

Hello DocViking!, thanks for your answer, even though it wasn't the answer I wanted to hear :depressed:
Would you mind telling me when was your last time in Noronha?

Would you mind telling me when was your last time in Noronha?

Olá! natalisdiving,

Três anos há, mas mim iria contente outra vez se se você o ll seja meu camarada do mergulho ; )

Seriamente, tenha um circo do mergulho.

Considerações,

DocV

Last edited:
I have dived in Fernando de Noronha a year ago. Excelent place, incredible visibility and great marine life. I dived with ATLANTIS wich I think is better than the other Operator. Very professional, great boats and equipment. Try not to forget doing de V17 Ipiranga Corveta 60 mts, they offer you a TEK Baptism if you are not Technical Diver (You will need to be Advanced and Nitrox Certicated). Magical Dive.
As I know there is a Decompression Chamber but is not operative at the moment, so in any case anyone will have to travel to Recife o Natal.
I was staying in Pousada do Frances anda rent a Buggy to move in the island. Beaches are great.
Also I made a night dive, incredible, saw shrak eating octopuss, rays, turtles, and more.
Don´t you miss it, one of the Best Dive Point.
(Excuse my english)
Clear Waters to everyone
Corcho

Wow I actually came into this section to just ask about Fernando and diving in Brazil. Anyone have pics or video to share from a trip there?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom