Ferries from PDC only running every 2 hours?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

anchochile

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just checked the Ultramar & Winjet schedules for my arrival on May 24 and it looks like their departures are every 2 hours, at the same time rather than staggered. Is this accurate? Seems crazy that they wouldn't be running alternate schedules so there is a departure every hour.

1653161457948.png

Ultramar:
1653161515363.png

They alternate every hour and alternate days to be first sailing. No sailing breaks just one ferry every hour.

Thanks. Looks like Ultramar's site doesn't reflect that but it's what I've read elsewhere. Last sailing at 10pm?

The Ultramar site doesn't seem to list schedules for specific dates - they just show a single generic timetable for each route. Maybe I'm just not figuring out where to look - this is the page I am using.
If you click on the Ultramar Experience Innovation link on the top left of the home page, one of the screens has the daily schedule. The screens rotate, (six total), and you can click the arrows to go back to read the daily schedule. I think that they're doing everything they can to make the schedule difficult to see in hopes that people buy the ticket, in which case you're locked in to that company. In the past, it was not nearly this difficult to see their schedule. They're being jerks. Winjet is cheaper.

They alternate crossing schedules and pricing as part of their illegal Duopoly / price fixing agreements. One or the other is scheduled pretty much hourly. Since the Pandemic excuse they both have dropped the first morning crossing, out of Cozumel @ 6 AM and back out of Playa @ 7 AM (which allowed to catch a morning AM dive boat) and the 11PM playa to Cozumel crossing that allowed for the evening flights into Cancun. Bag drag arrival after 7PM?, pretty much a crap shoot. Their website's are hit or miss, both companies primarily use Facebook to post info.
1653186405780.png
1653186510023.png

They alternate crossing schedules and pricing as part of their illegal Duopoly / price fixing agreements. One or the other is scheduled pretty much hourly. Since the Pandemic excuse they both have dropped the first morning crossing, out of Cozumel @ 6 AM and back out of Playa @ 7 AM (which allowed to catch a morning AM dive boat) and the 11PM playa to Cozumel crossing that allowed for the evening flights into Cancun. Bag drag arrival after 7PM?, pretty much a crap shoot. Their website's are hit or miss, both companies primarily use Facebook to post info.
View attachment 724136View attachment 724137
Ill bet that the new ferry company Xcaret fills the morning void and does an earlier ferry. Watch both Ultramar and Waterjet change their schedule to go head to head. This happened before with Barcos Caribbe before...

Back
Top Bottom