Ferry explosion in Playa del Carmen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gas buildup? Seems unlikely.

Perhaps explosives or sabotage? The other two ferry operators do not have amicable relations with Barcos.

Agreed.

Many are surprised that there haven't been mishaps before now. I think sitting in the center of all of the ferries and close to the life jacket storage lockers would be a good idea.

Gas buildup? Seems unlikely.
Yes, I agree. There is a video from another ferry that shows it clearly. It blew out both sides of the boat. it doesn't look good. No news of any fatalities but 13 confirmed injured.

Please take any information with a grain of salt. The media report is well...a media report....and this just happened so details are still being reported.

I'll still take whatever ferry leaves next and gives me the local price...
Jay

I have seen a video of the ferry approaching the dock, and before unloading the explosion occurred. There are bound to be fatalities, but maybe the government can downplay it as it seems to be the case right now with just a few confirmed injuries. There is going to be a lot more on this incident. Already on Fox News.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Photo in that link does not look like a "ferry explosion". It looks very much like someone's hand bag blew up and took out a small portion of the deck side.

Well, a phone video showed a guy laying on the ground, not moving and everyone just walking past him. To me he didn't look dead, but he apparently was in pretty bad shape. In this day and age it would be difficult to suppress information regarding the incident.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom