Few pictures with my new E-PM1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Someone posted about using "live view boost." Can anyone walk me through on how to enable that function and tell me what it does exactly? Cheers!

Turn on the camera. Press the menu button. scroll right to setup and press ok. scroll down to custom menu and press ok. scroll down to disp and press ok. scroll down to Live view boost (it does not appear in the first screen, you have to scroll down until you see it) and press ok. scrool down to on and press ok. press menu twice to gen to shooting mode.

What it does - it lights the screen so you can see the composition and focus even if the exposure is dark (for instance - when using external strobe).

Being that I am a new owner of one of these rigs I am curious as to the macro lens. Once attaching a macro to the camera, is one restricted to macro photography only? Thanks, Brian.

Re: macro lens

No a macro lens does not limit you to close-up photography only. It will also take pictures form its closest macro setting out to infinity. The limitation of the macro lens, especially underwater and with the 2x magnification factor caused by the smallish sensor in the Oly micro 4/3rds camera, you end up with a fairly long (telephoto) lens for underwater shooting. Thus a 60mm macro lens will shoot like 120mm telephoto (35mm equivalent) lens.

The attached picrure was taken with the 60 macro lens, and it is certainly not a macro pic. PA261488.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 82
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 89
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 87
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back