FF Sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gpulsar

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I would like to validate my size for a Pro FF, I have 11" feet E wide 4.5"...I use a 5mm soft booty....please advise..I would like to be able to use with boot and without....

Here's the link to their sizing chart. Force Fin Shoe Size Conversion Chart. I'll leave it for the experts to advise you on the size, but you will probably want to order the comfort instep if you are going to switch between barefoot and five mil booties. Enjoy.

Jason

how thick is the sole of your 5mm bootie

assuming that they have fairly thin soles, XL will be right, just add the comfort instep to swim barefoot. If you have thick soles XL may not be wide enough and you'll need XXL, you can stack 2 pairs of insteps in there to swim barefoot

how thick is the sole of your 5mm bootie

assuming that they have fairly thin soles, XL will be right, just add the comfort instep to swim barefoot. If you have thick soles XL may not be wide enough and you'll need XXL, you can stack 2 pairs of insteps in there to swim barefoot

Messier42 is right on with the sizing. I would lean toward XXL with a comfort instep if you were going to be diving with a booty all the time, but if you really want to dive barefoot and sometimes not - then I would go with XL. What booty are you using?

I use Oceanic Venture soft rubber sole....It's hard to tell measurement.....I was leaning towards the XXL...Normally I dive with my boots all the time since I am used to open heel. But you never know, my diving style might change in the future. I guess I can put 2 insoles if I need in the future if I really want to be barefoot. Thanks for you advise..

attached is photo of booty

Attachments

• OCE0080-2T[1].jpg
    OCE0080-2T[1].jpg
    9 KB · Views: 59
size 11 - XL should fit that bootie, going too big can increase the amount of side play that most find uncomfortable, I generally like using the smallest fin that fits to avoid this.

wait- you said 11" foot, I am assuming that you mean size 11?? If not what size foot are you, I know shoe size better than length

I am 11 1/2 normally when I purchase shoes. By the way I went with XL...based on what I have been seen it's probably the safer bet..It also seems the XL is the largest seller since it is on back order....and like you said I prefer tighter fit than lose....I will advise on how they feel when they come in....thanks for you input....you guys are fast...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom