Field of view with ScubaPro CrystalVu?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MWC

Registered
Reaction score
I've been looking at the CrystalVu at my LDS since the end of last dive season. Has anyone used one enough to let me know if the field of view is as much improved underwater as it seems to be on the surface? I'd be comparing it to a three window mask with framing between the front and side windows.
Thanks
Matt

Hi Matt I bought a crystalvu earlier this year and had bi-focal prescription lenses put in them, a side window shattered within a few weeks. Scuba Pro replaced the mask but I was out the cost of the prescription lenses, I am naturally browned off, as between the LDS, Scuba Pro and the lens manufacturer I paid for an expensive prescription mask and ended up without one. The UK Scuba Pro distributors didn't want to guarantee the replacement mask if I had lenses put in it so they haven't been fitted. Maybe this has clouded my judgement and made me overly negative but I am not happy with the fit of the mask or its purging qualities. There is a bit too much light reflection, the side window vision is distorted and I don't find it provides a significant improved field of vision underwater. Please understand my view is subjective and you can only really compare a mask to what you have been using before. I am thinking to try a black skirted mask for a replacement.

I had this mask for a while, but I wasn't all that thrilled with it. It fit very well, but it wasn't a low-volume mask, and the total field of view wasn't all that great. Long story short, I switched to a Mares X-vision, and am completely pleased with my choice. Low volume, and I can see everything on my BC! It's great!

Back
Top Bottom