Fiji - Aug 2006?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Been to the Garden Island Resort each of the last two years in March - under $3000 per person, all inclusive, including air fare to and from LAX, and ten dives each (2x day for 5 days). Friendliest people in the world. Standard by which I compare all other diving locations.

Unfortunately, won't be able to make it this year.

I am going to Fiji in March/April 2006 for two weeks, staying on Taveuni at the Garden Island Resort, then on Matangi at the Private Island Resort. Matangi has the Tree House Bures, which is perfect for a honeymoon. Check it out!:10:

Best wishes,

Hi: Well I spend about 3 months of each year traveling around Fiji to keep up to date on all the resorts. Here's some of my favorite places:

Koro Sun Resort - Vanua Levu, Fiji (up North).....great diving places like Namena, Somosomo Straights and DreamHouse. But lots of other things to do like village visits, waterfall tours, kayaking offshore islands and the largest salt lake in the South Pac.

Papageno Resort - Kadavu, Fiji, (down South).....beautiful beach.....really, really good diving on the 3rd largest reef in the world, very isolated but lots of area to explore like hiking to waterfalls, visiting the village, kayaking at sunset. Really nice bure's and organic food.

Bega Lagoon Resort - Beqa, Fiji, ( just off the main island)....super fantastic food, good diving, lots of other divers to spend time with....great bures with plunge pools. Not so great beach....but okay. Also has a village nearby to visit and fire-walkers.

Lots of little properties in the Yasawa Islands - like Oarsmans Lodge - really great pricing and super great beaches. Good diving and Manta's. Great place to explore the islands by staying a couple of nights at each island.

All these properties are well within your budget. I would love to help you plan this trip. I own my own wholesale South Pacific travel company and everyone that works for me is a diver. Fiji is 90% of our business....so we really know it well and our pricing is the best. If you would like me to send you information on the resorts above or send you a quote.....just email me: dolphinadventures2004@yahoo.com

Thanks!
Mary Jane Augustine

Went to Fiji for my honeymoon Oct this year. Stayed on Matamanoa Island great island, great diving, no complants. Most amazing place I've ever been, weather perfect not to windy, no rain, all sun, WOW. Island is a marine park like most of the small islands so if your not diving go snorkeling, saw stingrays, octopus, trigger fish, parrot fish and many more out in front of our bure. I could go on and on but just wanted to give my 2 cents. Wish I could go back right now.

Hi: I just came back from Vanuatu and it was incredible. The diving on the SS President Coolidge was super! Incredibly clear water, great reefs, lots of fish. There are 2 flights a week from Nadi to Vanuatu, (Tues. and Thurs.), and it's only 1 hr. 15 min. flight. I would highly recommend adding this to your Garden Island visit. If you want to email me I can send you more info and some of my pictures. Thanks,
Mary Jane mjaugustine2000@yahoo.com

Definately check ot Moody's Namena Island resort-just you ,6 beautiful bures perched on the hilltops of the island with spectacular views,trails through beautiful forests to the 5 secluded beaches and 2 beach heads,incredible diving all around the fringing barrier reef-I've been there-the Island I wish I had had my honeymoon at...Peace...Saildivers

Going to tag along here. We will have 2 days to tour in Fiji before catching the Fiji Aggressor. Any suggestions for higher end hotels on the beach around Nadi? Any must see sights in the same area?

Back
Top Bottom