Fiji Dec 2018 Main Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeepSeaPirate

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I will be going to Fiji in December for 5 days and will be staying on Viti Levu as we do not have enough time to get to any of the other islands on this trip. I will be with my wife and her parents will also be joining us for 3 days which is another reason we don't really have time to worry about the other islands.

Looking for a nice but not super expensive beachfront hotel with scuba diving availability not far from us. The parents do not scuba but I think i've convinced my mother in law to try a DSD. Would prefer not to be completely isolated as none of us can just sit on a beach 24/7 we like to experience local culture as well.

I'm not the worlds biggest fan of shark feeding so although the photos of Beqa Adventure Divers looks incredible if we do not dive with them i'm not that concerned.

Hi,
With just 5 days, some diving, DSD, great beach but cultural stuff too, I would suggest The Pearl or slightly more economical, Uprising, both in Pacific Harbour which is a 3 hour road transfer from Nadi airport. You have the option of diving with Aquatrek there for soft coral dives or shark dives - alternate days. (or Beqa Adventure Divers) and a great location on Yanuca island, to do a DSD where there are lovely and very safe, easy access beach dives. Aquatrek would take you there.
The resorts in Denerau are not what you want I think and Mana Island is lovely but perhaps lacks the cultural options. The Coral coast resorts lack great dives, although they are quite fun for the beginner. Wananavu might be expensive and Volivoli.... well that might work too but their prices have gone up in recent years so check out what deals they have available.
Happy to give other ideas if you want.
Have a great trip
Greg

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom