FIJI - Dive Manager/Instructor Wanted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Safari Lodge Divers –
Nananu-i-ra Island - FIJI

Dive Manager/Instructor
Safari Lodge Divers is looking for a professional and motivated instructor to lead our Dive team. A successful applicant must be able to coordinate the diving business from our mainland base, combining instruction with staff management and above all ensuring an awesome dive experience for our customers. My be suitable for a couple or individual

Essential RequirementsAccredited PADI OWSI capable of teaching all courses (DSD,OW,AOW)

•Responsibility for implementing / adherence to all shop operations, processes, PADI standards & safety compliance, and staff rosters
•Experience managing a team, providing leadership and motivation for other dive staff
•Experience in managing daily operations of a Dive Shop in a remote location
•Ability to troubleshoot basic problems associated with running a dive business
•A good communicator, including the ability to liaise with the Safari lodge manager, other resort managers, dive staff and guests as needed.

Preferred abilities
•Experience with Outboard Engine maintenance and troubleshooting techniques
•Computer Savvy –Aadministration + Marketing roles
•Experience with further education in diving i.e. internships, other speciality courses
•Experience with equipment maintenance BCD’s, Reg’s, Compressors.

Safari Lodge Fiji – Island ParadiseSafari Lodge is located on the western side of Viti Levu in Fiji in the amazing Bligh Waters and Vatu-I-Ra Passage. Our diving is based out of our mainland base at Ellington wharf a 15 minute boat ride from Nananu-i-ra Island, where the resort is separately situated. We dive the world famous Vatu-i-ra Passage, Bligh waters and Malake passage, there are very few dive operations in the area, so the diving experience here is in an untouched tropical underwater paradise. For more information please visit our website Bula from Safari Lodge

Please send your full CV and cover letter to dive@safarilodge.com.fj

What is the compensation?

I'm sure you'll get paid handsomely, with a 401(k), medical and other benefits!! If accommodation is included you'll be able to save a reasonable amount quickly enough to set yourself up with your own chopper to get you from Raki Raki down to Nadi and back, should you need to pick up any supplies that you can't get in the village...

Nananu-i-ra is a very small slice of paradise. The diving in on Vatu Latha reef is second to none and if you get the occasional chance to head out to the Vatu-i-ra your jaw will drop. I managed a small dive shop there for a few years. It was glorious.

Nananu-i-ra is a very small slice of paradise. The diving in on Vatu Latha reef is second to none and if you get the occasional chance to head out to the Vatu-i-ra your jaw will drop. I managed a small dive shop there for a few years. It was glorious.

Sounds awesome, why'd you end up leaving it.. for Detroit?

I had been there three years and it was time to move on. Travel home was expensive and communication with friends and family also expensive and unreliable. Why Detroit? I met my wife on the island, we got married there, and I told her I would live anywhere! She is from here, so here we are! (The Great Lakes and their wrecks are a stone's throw away so it's all good)

BTW - Warren's Lodge is a great place.

Rick

Ah ha... see I'm the opposite. In my current place, I'm thinking "I've been here x years, it's time to move on!" and leave this life for the one you once had. Plus, I don't do cold weather.

Unfortunately I'm nowhere near the req's the post advertises, only just got my SSI Master Diver cert. I suppose these opportunities are one of those things that lingers in dreams for many of us.

Ah ha... see I'm the opposite. In my current place, I'm thinking "I've been here x years, it's time to move on!" and leave this life for the one you once had. Plus, I don't do cold weather.

Unfortunately I'm nowhere near the req's the post advertises, only just got my SSI Master Diver cert. I suppose these opportunities are one of those things that lingers in dreams for many of us.
We try to leave Michigan for winter - this year we went to India for three months, in 2009 we traveled over land from Costa Rica to Mexico via Nicaragua, Honduras and Belize (we did a lot more diving on that trip!)

With regard to dreams: you have to put yourself in the right place. I employed (sometimes in the loosest sense) several people who were not dive pros but had other skills - carpenters, electricians, marketeers etc - and were flexible with their pre-booked tickets...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom