Fiji - Island Dancer Feedback Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

glimmertwins

Registered
Reaction score
I'm considering taking a trip on the Fiji Island Dancer and would like to get some feedback from anyone who has taken this trip. I've never been to the South Pacific. How does the diving in Fiji compare to other SP locations? How was the ship and crew? What about about flights. What routes did you take? What kind of overall travel time are we talking about from the west coast? Anything else you can think of would be great. Thanks

Hi, We were on the Island Dancer II , Nov 2 - 9, 2013. We REALLY had a wonderful time! Diving was great! Boat, Crew, Food was top notch! We flew from upstate New York so it took awhile to get there! From LA it was an 11 hour flight on Fiji Airways to Nadi then a quick flight over to Suva. We arrived a day early to acclimate and stayed at the Novotel next to the boat.
The diving is great with vast walls of soft corals, fish and critters! Majority of the diving is in currents, some weak some strong. We rarely dove the same site twice, with the exception of a few we couldn't get enough of. Thursday we did a shark dive witch was fun if you like that kind of dive. We also did a visit to a Fijian village on Gao Island for a tour and Kava ceremony, which we enjoyed as well.
We have been to Tahiti (Bora Bora) and Thailand and can say Fiji is as good or better.
I am planning on posting a review maybe within the next week or so. If you have any other specific questions, I would be happy to answer.
In closing, It's a trip we would do over again!
CC

Back
Top Bottom